Rockstar owners

Okay, thanks.

I'm leaning toward Tannus puncture protection for tubed tires. When renting ebikes to try the idea out I had two flats. Not sure what one was - not apparent and not abuse by me. Second one turned out to be a newly installed tube that failed at a seam.

Second one resulted in an hour and a half walk down the hill. Tannus can be ridden with no air as I understand it.

Amen to that. The bike is incredible if you ignore the chatter and the specs and just get on and turn the pedals.
I don't think it's a good idea to promote a wrong bike size. For off road use, it's recommended to choose a bike with a clearance of 2" to 4" over the top tube. With your inseam of 30", your wife understood something you missed. But it's your balls after all.

The standover height is an important number, if it's close enough it could be figured out. Maybe put a bar pad on it for awhile.

Good morning,
Quick update from Montreal. UPS tracking had the bike delivered Today, by end of day. On Monday that got bumped to the 7th of April. This morning, new delivery date: April 8th...was eager to get the bike setup and take it out for a spin...will have to wait!

My method of sizing a mountain bike has always been to straddle the top tube. Grasp the rear of the seat with one hand and steering stem with the other. Then lift until contact with Hughey and Joey, my two best friends. My rule is 3 inches Minimum! 4 if I’m feeling more vulnerable. With ebikes, that’s a hard lift for most though. With the Sondors, I doubt I could do it.

Let me doubt, on the Sondors site, under the seat height is 30.9", 32" in front of the seat is much more plausible.

After looking at it again I can now see 32"
Is about right. It kind of looks like you'd have to be well above 6' to comfortably
ride it without worrying.

Hello everyone, I'm thinking about buying the sondors rockstar as all the other options I have looked at either have too low battery capacity/not mid drive/hardtail or cost 2x-3x. The biggest concern I have about this bike is the motor volume, I'm coming from a RadRover which has nylon gears and is pretty quiet. With the Rad you can't really hear the motor over the drone of the tires but the tire volume is still fairly low even on pavement.

Has anyone here who has ridden a Rockstar also ridden a Rad bike and could compare the volume? I know the tires on the rockstar should be pretty quiet as they are only 3'' and I may put smoother tread on there as I mostly ride on pavement. But if the motor is obnoxiously loud then I may be unhappy. Also if it is pretty loud would that luna "silent treatment" gear be compatible this motor and would that be very difficult to replace?

Another question is that i'm 6'1 and the Rad is very comfortable for me as it is an upright ride with a fairly short reach to the handle bars. I see the rockstar has a 19.5'' frame so I will have plenty of leg room even with the seat low but am I going to be really leaning on the handlebars? If so is there enough cable length to raise them up/move them back a bit?

I also have a Jucied Rip-current s fat tire size large and after riding my Rockstar it seems small I’m 5’ 11’’

Also I was thinking if I wanted to put on a different mid drive like the bbshd eventually would that be plug and play since its all bafang?

Back