Rockstar owners

Nice. Looks like an enjoyable place for a first test ride.

Who else is riding a Rockstar and where?

I should have snapped a picture of riding a rental bike near the ocean.....waiting for the Rockstar.

Go
Matt Morrisset

Matt Morrisset

7 hours ago

" Simple Pleasures MTB - Thanks for chasing us around the trails and putting this together. Never seen myself ride like this before! Very cool. As far as the Rockstar goes... It's a totally different feel and ride compared to a normal bike with the weight (83 pounds) and added power. The pedal assist must be used to keep up with regular (light) bikes on a flat to minor grade. The pedal assist / throttle can also be used to fly by regular bikes if you want. On the trails it handles really nice, easy to power up hills, holds corners nicely and rolls over rocks and bumps smoothly. Working the gears is important and takes some time to get used to when to employ the motor and level of pedal assist you need. If you're approaching a hill you pre shift to a higher gear so it can climb just as you would on a regular bike. I was on pedal assist 1-2 on camera and never hit the throttle. With more open trail I might use it but didn't on this day. Haven't hit too many jumps but expect it to do ok on bigger jumps with speed. Hitting little bumps on the trail and doing bunny hops for air is probably off the table for most due to the weight. All in all, happy with the bike and can't wait to hit the trails again."

Taken from comments on video above.

Simple Pleasures MTB

7 hours ago
"
Thanks...you’ll be impressed. One note I forgot to mention is the removal of the brace between the forks for shipping purposes, remove it clock wise, opposite from righty righty, lefty loosie. That drove us crazy until we figured it out.

Matt Morrisset

Matt Morrisset

3 hours ago

@Simple Pleasures MTB - and wear gloves. We both sliced our fingers on the front quick release lever putting the front wheel on. The machining left some SHARP edges. From the left fork (Allen) turn CW. From right side (quick release) turn CCW. You may have to apply pressure from both sides to get the axel loose initially."

This info looks useful if you're putting one together.

That just to bad , I've been reading the reviews for a nine month since placed my order, sondors send me an email in December that my rockstar is ready and will be shipped soon , but then they kept changing delivery date every month blaming covid , I was patient till I got another email yesterday that my rockstar won't be delivered till end of May and I don't know if that even truth ,
So i canceled my order sadly 😔 , it's just to long , I will start looking for something in stock Giant or Specialized or maybe Hibike , even if I have to pay more I don't care anymore.

I find it hard to believe that Sondors would tell someone who placed an early order that it would be delayed an additional two months when they are starting to ship them out now. If I were in your position I would have made a phone call and asked the question: What the hell.!!!

I find it hard to believe that Sondors would tell someone who placed an early order that it would be delayed an additional two months when they are starting to ship them out now. If I were in your position I would have made a phone call and asked the question: What the hell.!!!
It is here!

Attachments

• Rockstar2101.JPG
    Rockstar2101.JPG
    214.7 KB · Views: 242
I spoke with a Sondors rep yesterday and she said that the entire line of Sondors Elite ebikes have the same motor which is only 95nm. The review for the Sondors LX on this website says it's 160nm. She told me that was wrong and 95nm is what she has on her spec sheet. I looked through this thread and did not find anyone talking about this. Is this a known thing?

718-9307
I spoke with a Sondors rep yesterday and she said that the entire line of Sondors Elite ebikes have the same motor which is only 95nm. The review for the Sondors LX on this website says it's 160nm. She told me that was wrong and 95nm is what she has on her spec sheet. I looked through this thread and did not find anyone talking about this. Is this a known
I spoke with a Sondors rep yesterday and she said that the entire line of Sondors Elite ebikes have the same motor which is only 95nm. The review for the Sondors LX on this website says it's 160nm. She told me that was wrong and 95nm is what she has on her spec sheet. I looked through this thread and did not find anyone talking about this. Is this a known thing?

Maybe the motor has been programmed to limit the torque.

Bafang Ultra (G510) Specs:

View attachment 82540
160 would rip apart an NX 11-sp. My HD build had that problem. With that bike I sold the motor and heavy battery and installed a 350W that is much lighter and converted it to a stronger 9-speed drivetrain with 80Nm.

Attachments

• Rockstar2102.JPG
    Rockstar2102.JPG
    160.3 KB · Views: 285
  • Rockstar2103.JPG
    Rockstar2103.JPG
    331.7 KB · Views: 272
Back