RM G062.750/1000.DC Rear Axle Bolt Torque Specs?

Studie

Region
Canada
Hi Everyone,

I happen to have an Aluminum bike frame that goes with the G062 1000W rear hub motor. I was riding the other day and the rear motor came loose.
Any idea what torque it should be tightened to? I've used my torque gun but nothing, so I used my torque wrench and tightened to 50ft/lbs. Is that too much for an aluminum bike frame?
I also read about something on the internet about nordlock? Or something like a washer?

The bolt that came with it is a 19MM bolt, with no open end. The thread on the motor is 2–M12 x 1.25–6g.

Please advise!

With the available torque from a motor like that, my bet is you willl continue having problems like that (loosening with the potential for damaging/rounding out the drop outs) until you install quality torque arms on each side to help prevent that axle from twisting.

See:

With the available torque from a motor like that, my bet is you willl continue having problems like that (loosening with the potential for damaging/rounding out the drop outs) until you install quality torque arms on each side to help prevent that axle from twisting.

See:

Thanks! But which ones would work with my frame? I will send some pictures shortly.

Alright so I've tested a bunch of torque specs on the rear axle bolts and 40ft/lbs seems to be the sweet spot for these things on an aluminium bike frame.
I've also added Nordlock style rings to prevent the lock from backing out. I'll need torque arms for sure, however, as I did notice that the bottom bracket definitely takes a beating without one.
I'm going to design something for my bike hopefully and see if that helps the hub shaft from turning and misaligning on the bracket.

Back