RipCurrent S OEM Saddle vs. Planet Bike ARS Spring + Satori Animanis Seat Post

Jeff in WA

I just installed a replacement saddle, the Planet Bike ARS Spring.

Light years difference between it and the stock seat the RipCurrent S comes with. The ergonomic design of the new seat is perfect, no nut crushing at all. The cutout in this seat is wider than other seats, which is nice. The padding good, but not over bearing. The seat is larger than the OEM seat, but not huge like other comfort seats. Since my butt still hurts from the previous two rides, it was really nice getting on this one. Sit bones fit just right after some height and seat angle adjustments. No pain.

We'll see how it holds up to an upcoming 50 mile ride on a non-paved, old railroad grade path.

*Update* just added the Satori Animanis seat post. Combined with the ARS seat, it works well soaking up the bumps that were getting through the ARS seat. For the price of more expensive seat posts, this along with the ARS seat appears to be a good value.

Attachments

• sidebysidetop.jpg
    sidebysidetop.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 23
  • oneontheother.jpg
    oneontheother.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 22
  • sidebysideunderneath.jpg
    sidebysideunderneath.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 23
  • onbikesideview.jpg
    onbikesideview.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 25
  • onbiketopview.jpg
    onbiketopview.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 25
  • satorianimaris.jpg
    satorianimaris.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 4
Last edited:
I just installed a replacement saddle, the Planet Bike ARS Spring.

Light years difference between it and the stock seat the RipCurrent S comes with. The ergonomic design of the new seat is perfect, no nut crushing at all. The cutout in this seat is wider than other seats, which is nice. The padding good, but not over bearing. The seat is larger than the OEM seat, but not huge like other comfort seats. Since my butt still hurts from the previous two rides, it was really nice getting on this one. Sit bones fit just right after some height and seat angle adjustments. No pain.

We'll see how it holds up to an upcoming 50 mile ride on a non-paved, old railroad grade path.

Thanks for the info - there are so many seats out there, how did you zero in on this one?

May order one and try it out.

Thanks for the info - there are so many seats out there, how did you zero in on this one?

May order one and try it out.
Yeah, tough buying saddles.... I spent hours on Amazon reviews. Found someone complaining about one seat, then mentoined this one so I looked into it and it had some vids and a lot of reviews. So, I took the leap. Let's hope it can last a while.

Yeah, tough buying saddles.... I spent hours on Amazon reviews. Found someone complaining about one seat, then mentoined this one so I looked into it and it had some vids and a lot of reviews. So, I took the leap. Let's hope it can last a while.

Bought the ARS like you did as well as another one that looked to be a very similar one, with less contouring to compare it to, with plans to keep the preferred one.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07FX7GKTF/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I ended up liking the "Daway" better (could feel the channel edges / contours of the ARS), but either one is definitely a big improvement on the stock one - no question.

They basically look almost identical underneath.

Bought the ARS like you did as well as another one that looked to be a very similar one, with less contouring to compare it to, with plans to keep the preferred one.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07FX7GKTF/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I ended up liking the "Daway" better (could feel the channel edges / contours of the ARS), but either one is definitely a big improvement on the stock one - no question.

They basically look almost identical underneath.
I looked at that one as well. Sometimes its a crap shoot with seats. Not all fit everyone. I am happy the Planet Bike ARS appears to work for me. Got about 50 miles on it so far and my man parts are very thankful.

Glad to hear the Daway is working for you. Its always good to be happy sitting on a bike.

I looked at that one as well. Sometimes its a crap shoot with seats. Not all fit everyone. I am happy the Planet Bike ARS appears to work for me. Got about 50 miles on it so far and my man parts are very thankful.

Glad to hear the Daway is working for you. Its always good to be happy sitting on a bike.

Yes - those 2 are almost identical (along with half a dozen others I think). Only slight differences.

Back