Spring Seats vs. Suspension Posts - What's the Better Choice?

@ Marcela - Yeah, that brown saddle really doesn't look that great on an all matte black paint scheme. And that bright chrome finish is only making it worse! I'm currently looking at a new set of cork or leather grips to at least add some contrasting color more than anything else so the saddle doesn't stand out like a big sore thumb.

Again, thanks for the recommendation. One more reason to get myself a can of Neatsfoot oil! Given this saddle is 4-5mm thick, will it really soften it up that much?
1636123900624.png

1636124141073.png

Last edited:
I've got 2-3 B17's and 3 B67's. The 67's don't require very much as they are softened leather. It helps the 17's and what looks like yours quite a bit. It'll soak up a lot but don't put a lot on as it will migrate around in the leather. It soaks it up pretty quick and then just let it alone and use it for a while. Mostly where your sit bones are going to be is where it helps, the rest is just preservative. And make sure it is 100% neatsfoot.

For me the NCX post and Brookes saddle are a toss up. I'm happy with both solutions.
223632B3-E101-4E1C-858F-18B39D3072FB_4_5005_c.jpeg
seat.jpg

Back