Riese & Muller 2022 models. Rumors?

Of the single scenario whereby you had a manual shift Rohloff, were there any problems with it whatsoever before you converted it to E14?
I’m not the person you were asking and can’t speak to combos with ebikes (yet), but I already have two Rohloff bikes, one of them 14 years old and with 20k miles or more on it. Both hubs have been totally trouble free and in fact gotten better with time, the one with more mileage is virtually flawless at this point - almost no drag, perfect shifting, I’d stand it up to challenge any other drivetrain. (The newer one only has a couple thousand miles on it and is still breaking in by comparison but I love it nonetheless, so much better than my derailleur bikes.)

Fingers crossed my Load 75 Rohloff continues the streak when it arrives. :)

Last edited:
On the RM site i did notice there was an added configuration option listed for the SD that wasn’t there a week ago.

Yep. Took a better look. Its just curved handlebars and wider saddle.

Ok, I think I'm going to finally buy a Nevo GT Vario.
Does anyone think I should wait?
From what I see it doesn't seem there's going to be an update with the new 750 battery, Kiox 300 or Bosch smart system...

No. nothing like that.
It will probably be something like colors or accessories...
However, waiting 10 days... I don't think it will change your life!

Consider one thing: every year with the release of the new catalog there has been a 4% increase on the list price (it happened in 2019 and 2020).
Inflation over the past year has been low ... so that may not be true.

No. nothing like that.

Consider one thing: every year with the release of the new catalog there has been a 4% increase on the list price (it happened in 2019 and 2020).
Thanks @Cerby !

When you say "waiting 10 days...". Do you mean that R&M is planning to update their catalogue sometime soon?
I thought all updates for 2022 were made on Sept 1st 2021.

No. nothing like that.

It appears to me that the Load 75 has been increased in price on the site just slightly ($130 USD increase for the HS Rohloff model I have on order, just over 1% increase) already.

Last edited:
Ok, I think I'm going to finally buy a Nevo GT Vario.
Does anyone think I should wait?
From what I see it doesn't seem there's going to be an update with the new 750 battery, Kiox 300 or Bosch smart system...
That's definitely not coming in 2022.

Nothing fo far.
Just a consideration based on other catalogs (not just of bikes) in Italy and Europe.
In all of them the prices have risen.
The excuse for this year is not inflation, but the cost of raw materials. (every year they have an excuse).
So: if you like the 2021 model and you are not looking for anything new from it ... it's probably better to buy it now....

Any links to the catalog?

Also, any thoughts about changes to the Superdelite or Supercharger? I've got my eye on those two.
I'm guessing nothing this year for SD, Nyon is the "preferred" cockpit config for this adventure bike. Nyon is currently not compatible with Smart System or 750 battery. If they do make changes I expect them to come mid-cycle (pun intended) like how the 625W downtube '21s released 6 months after the 500W '20 became available. IMO SD needs to shave 10 lbs and an updated rear suspension geometry to remain competitive. Looking at Eurobike coverage, everyone has forthcoming "SUV" bikes with aforementioned improvements.

Last edited:
One reason the price of many of the single-occupancy bikes have risen because bikes that previously came with 500wh Batteries now come with 625wh batteries by default.

And especially since the SD also has a mountain bike SKU on the same basic platform, they need to engineer more of a significant weight loss (not just rack and fenders) and modern rear geometry.
But they won't: The SDM is not a mountain bike according to R&M ;).

Moustache makes far better bikes if you're looking for that.

Last edited:
Back