Riding through water...

Wow your reading comprehension really needs improvement.

The entire thread started based on the water resistance of the bafangs and the Bosch motors.

* The title of the thread is “riding through water”

Please read the entire thread from the beginning because you are embarrassing yourself.
It’s in the Bosch forum.

Maybe you should be a little embarrassed......?

Edit: and what does motor power and torque have to do with riding through water?

Edit 2: smooth move editing your post after I posted. I quoted your original post in its entirety above....

Edit 3: where in the first post of this thread is Bafang mentioned? I must have missed it with my poor reading comprehension.

Last edited:
This is going nowhere constructive. I'm out.

It’s in the Bosch forum.

Edit: and what does motor power and torque have to do with riding through water?
Yes exactly , and the title of the thread is * riding through water *.

The thread was discussing the IP ratings of the motors. Someone in post 16 brought up bafangs IP 65rating.

Maybe you should be embarrassed because I am talking about Bosch in the Bosch forum.

Yes exactly , and the title of the thread is * riding through water *.

The thread was discussing the IP ratings of the motors. Someone in post 16 brought up bafangs IP 65rating.

Maybe you should be embarrassed because I am talking about Bosch in the Bosch forum.
Lol, have a good one bud.

It’s in the Bosch forum.

Edit 2: smooth move editing your post after I posted. I quoted your original post in its entirety above....
I edited for paragraphs so you don’t get any more confused than you already are.

I didn’t change the substance of what I posted.

I edited for paragraphs so you don’t get any more confused than you already are.

I didn’t change the substance of what I posted.
You actually did. Your unedited post said:

“The entire thread started based on the water resistance of the bafangs and the Bosch motors.”

You conveniently edited that after I replied to your post....busted!

The entire thread started based on the water resistance of the Bosch motors.

The OP started the thread because he has a cube e-bike with a Bosch motor and he rode through a deep puddle.

* The title of the thread is “riding through water” *

Having choice is good. But many people don’t count Bafang as a reputable choice like Bosch, Brose , Yamaha & Shimano.

Please read the entire thread from the beginning because you are embarrassing yourself.
Quoting your once again edited post just in case you decide to edit it again, since it appears you’re continuing to do. You edited it again 15 minutes ago.....

Edit: This is your original post just in case you forgot what you posted....

The entire thread started based on the water resistance of the bafangs and the Bosch motors.
* The title of the thread is “riding through water”

Last edited:
What does any of this have to do with Riding a Bosch through water....?
.....but since the can has already been opened......My ride impressions of the Ultra.....

- Does it feel more powerful than my E8000? Yes, but not like “holy crap, I gotta get me one of these”, more.

- Does it feel like it makes twice the torque as the E8000, as they claim? Absolutely not to my Butt-O-Meter.

- Does it have the same power delivery refinement as the E8000 or the other big 4 I’ve ridden? Nope, not even in the same ballpark imho.

I‘ll personally stick with the “euroweenie“ offerings until they produce something that’s comparable in ride quality and refinement.

But that’s just me, ymmv. Everyone likes what they like, and hates what they hate.....Having choices is awesome!
I don't hate the other makers, in fact I would buy any of them I liked. I rode them and I wanted a powerful motor for a fat tire bike. The Felt I tried out wasn't even close to my bike. I did ride a Trek Super Commuter and it was quite nice but not the right bike for me. I'd love to try the Haibike Tryon but it looks like vaporware.

This thread has definitely peaked my interest re water vs my Ultra motor. Having removed the plastic side cover on mine I am concerned. I'd be concerned even riding through puddles or in the rain. There is nothing to keep water out of there. I'm going to buy some black silicone and seal that side cover up but for a drain hole at the bottom.

Yikes. I be been involved with the sale of hundreds of BBSxx series motors. Scores of support calls every week since December 2015 to today. I’ve yet to hear anything about an electrical shock. Google found nothing for me. bafang motor electrical shock

Back