Riding through water...

I heard him say he was shocked by the bafang motors weakness up the hill and the motor error code after riding through the puddle.

He says it at 4:22 in the video.
Ha! That's reaching a bit. Which Ultra powered bike did you ride ? And which motor puts out torque like the Ultra ?

euroweenie ebike motors outperform chinesium motors in every comparison test.
Please reference the test regarding the Bafang Ultra vs. euroweenie.

Ha! That's reaching a bit. Which Ultra powered bike did you ride ? And which motor puts out torque like the Ultra ?
The juiced rip current s.

The motor on the haibike flyon puts out a verified 160nm.

I simply don’t believe bafangs stated torque numbers or water resistance threshold on any of their motors let alone the ultra.

So you know, I don't believe Juiced builds a mid drive, and the Bafang Ultra, RATED AT 160nm, is definitely a mid drive....

That in mind, you might want to do a little more research before stating you opinions. As well, like your opinion regarding Bafang, there are clearly folks who don't believe the euroweenies claims either....

So it's a draw, no? Or are you going to claim your opinions are better than ours as well?

So you know, I don't believe Juiced builds a mid drive, and the Bafang Ultra, RATED AT 160nm, is definitely a mid drive....
Which testing lab RATED IT? :)
And your right the RipCurrent S is not a mid drive.

Which testing lab RATED IT? :)
And your right the RipCurrent S is not a mid drive.
Why would I care who rated it? The Ultra is the latest generation drive that evolved from the Bafang BBSxx series - that have a LONG reputation for some of the highest performance available - bar none!

The juiced rip current s.

The motor on the haibike flyon puts out a verified 160nm.

I simply don’t believe bafangs stated torque numbers or water resistance threshold on any of their motors let alone the ultra.
Just what I thought, you haven't ridden one. Ride first and then opine.

That's a 750 watt hub drive. I'm talking about the 1500 watt Bafang Ultra mid drive.
Same difference.

A 750 watt bafang is one of their more common motors.

The 1500 watt bafang ultra are not designed for people who want an e-bike , it’s designed for people who want a crappy electric motorcycle.

Juiced rip current s
It's becoming clear you are an e-bike wannabe. You say you prefer Bosch, but your preferred bike is the Rip Current S. Can you supply a link showing us that Bosch equipped Juice bike?

It's becoming clear you are an e-bike wannabe. You say you prefer Bosch, but your preferred bike is the Rip Current S. Can you supply a link showing us that Bosch equipped Juice bike?
What ?

When did I say I preferred a juiced rip current ?

I suggest you re-read the thread son.

My first e-bike was juiced rip current s which has a bafang motor.

My current e-bike is a trek allant 8s.

Same difference.

A 750 watt bafang is one of their more common motors.

The 1500 watt bafang ultra are not designed for people who want an e-bike , it’s designed for people who want a crappy electric motorcycle.
Says a person who never rode one.

Just what I thought, you haven't ridden one. Ride first and then opine.

What does any of this have to do with Riding a Bosch through water....?
.....but since the can has already been opened......My ride impressions of the Ultra.....

- Does it feel more powerful than my E8000? Yes, but not like “holy crap, I gotta get me one of these”, more.

- Does it feel like it makes twice the torque as the E8000, as they claim? Absolutely not to my Butt-O-Meter.

- Does it have the same power delivery refinement as the E8000 or the other big 4 I’ve ridden? Nope, not even in the same ballpark imho.

I‘ll personally stick with the “euroweenie“ offerings until they produce something that’s comparable in ride quality and refinement.

But that’s just me, ymmv. Everyone likes what they like, and hates what they hate.....Having choices is awesome!

What does any of this have to do with Riding a Bosch through water....?
.....but since the can has already been opened......My ride impressions of the Ultra.....

- Does it feel more powerful than my E8000? Yes, but not like “holy crap, I gotta get me one of these”, more.

- Does it feel like it makes twice the torque as the E8000, as they claim? Absolutely not to my Butt-O-Meter.

- Does it have the same power delivery refinement as the E8000 or the other big 4 I’ve ridden? Nope, not even in the same ballpark imho.

I‘ll personally stick with the “euroweenie“ offerings until they produce something that’s comparable in ride quality and refinement.

But that’s just me, ymmv. Everyone likes what they like, and hates what they hate.....Having choices is awesome!
Wow your reading comprehension really needs improvement.

The entire thread started based on the water resistance of the Bosch motors.

The OP started the thread because he has a cube e-bike with a Bosch motor and he rode through a deep puddle.

* The title of the thread is “riding through water” *

Having choice is good. But many people don’t count Bafang as a reputable choice like Bosch, Brose , Yamaha & Shimano.

Please read the entire thread from the beginning because you are embarrassing yourself.

Last edited:
Back