RideControl EVO Display Questions

I made my mud guard! And it’s fully documented in a post I made about it last fall. If you search mud guard in posts from me I’m sure you will find it. If not, let me know and I’ll try to find the link. (I’m on my iPhone now and it’s somewhat difficult to do that.)

My main EVO display is cadence... as a long time road biker that’s what I’ve always been more concerned about. I try to keep about 95.

”Ride with GPS” is an app?
How did you make cadence your main EVO display instead of speed? I too am more interested in seeing cadence.

Press the little button at the top of the display and it will cycle through the displayed information. Once you get to cadence, leave it there.

This changes the smaller readout towards the bottom but not the big readout, which defaults to speed. I can change the big readout to distance or travel time via the app, but cadence isn't an option I'm afraid (at least not on mine).

This changes the smaller readout towards the bottom but not the big readout, which defaults to speed. I can change the big readout to distance or travel time via the app, but cadence isn't an option I'm afraid (at least not on mine).
I'm sorry... I guess I misunderstood about what was being asked. You are correct - cycling through the display options simply changed what is displayed on the small bottom readout. (And I'm quite happy with that.)

It is not shown in the manual but it is the motor torque, you can see this bar graph by turning on the bike hold brakes and put pressure on the pedal, you will see the graph rise as you put more pressure on
I went looking in the manual, but couldn't find it - I figured it must have been motor torque, thanks for confirming 👍
Motor torque is proportional to human torque, there is a guide some where Giant or Yamaha I'm not sure which.
makes sense

cheers

Mike

P.S. I was talking with the mechanic if any kickstand could be fitted for my Trance, even if that's not kosher for an MTB. He looked deep in my eye and said: "Can do. I don't recommend that though. The bike's heavy and it would be bad if that beautiful paint would be scratched and chipped if the bike fell..." :D
not that I have a stand on any of my bikes...but I reckon it's more likely our bikes will fall when leaning up against trees/posts etc than on a kick stand.

Many decades ago I used to ride with a wise older cyclist who carried and old rim brake pad (just the rubber part) that he'd shaped into a wedge.
At stops he'd apply the front brake and push the wedge into the top of the brake lever, keeping the brake on, adding that bit of security to stop the bike rolling away when leaning up against something. So simple...I carried one for years and don't know why I stopped...your post made me remember it again:)

cheers
Mike

You need a Bluetooth heart rate monitor. chest belt type or Apple Watch model 5.
Open and connect the RideControl app. Latest version is 1.4.3. Update if required. Choose heart rate to be the main display on your EVO if you prefer.
Two years later and I’m a newbie, not able to get the app to see my heart rate monitor. I was glad to see your post. I will keep trying.

Back