Ride Quality of Pace 500

Hmm...Can you explain that last thing about the difference between the 350 and 500? I just received my 500. I'm almost 65, and I see a few problems I will have to get better at dealing with. One being stopped at a light, and when I can go, and it's a steep hill, how to get going, when I can't get the pedals moving! I haven't downshifted to the lowest gear yet. I will try that next time. This time, I walked the bike up the hill. UGGG.
Main difference is that 500w accelerates faster and stops "faster" - hydraulic brakes. On either one you must rotate pedals before the throttle kicks in. Going uphill from dead-stop is a bummer on this one :). Try holding the down-button to activate the Walk mode, rotate pedals at the same time and then activate the throttle.

Last edited:
This is an extremely easy bike to pedal without power. The ride is fairly comfortable, though I did purchase an inexpensive seat post that helps on rough surfaces.

The ride quality is excellent. I’m nearly 75years old and I rode it without power for 10 miles, even against the wind with no problem. You have to pedal 1/4 turn before PAS kicks in. Once you understand how it operates, you will be thrilled with this bike.

As time goes on we will be seeing many advances in batteries, motors, power management chips, etc that will reduce costs and improve performance. The Pace 350/500 (I own both aLong with a few other brands) IMHO are 2 of the best entry level values on the market. See if there is a dealer nearby for a test ride.
What fenders and seat post are you using on your bike.

Hi Roadking, I purchased front and rear fenders along with a rack from Aventon. The front fender fits OK but the rear doesn’t. I’ve read on EBR that others have tried them and they just don’t fit. The rear rack is OK, but I had to purchase extenders to make it fit. It’s called a planet rack. I personally would not recommend either of them.
BTH, what is a IMHO bike?

Hi Roadking, I purchased front and rear fenders along with a rack from Aventon. The front fender fits OK but the rear doesn’t. I’ve read on EBR that others have tried them and they just don’t fit. The rear rack is OK, but I had to purchase extenders to make it fit. It’s called a planet rack. I personally would not recommend either of them.
BTH, what is a IMHO bike?
Thank you so much, have you been happy with your bike, I was wondering about how noisey the motor is. My wife and I are getting ready to purchase first ebikes, we like the upright riding position and this seems like a good choice.

Uphill Both Ways,
You have to forecast being on an uphill, or coming to one and downshift accordingly.
Especially when coming to a full stop, at a light or otherwise, make sure you are in 1st gear.
Then, position the crank so that you have your non-resting foot at about 2:00...just past the top of the rotation.
In 1/4 of a turn the assist will kick in and off you'll go!

Back