Ride Control App - displays Contact Dealer and then closes

In addition to @Browneye 's great suggestions, another thing to try is to remove the battery from your bike for a few minutes and then put it back in and try the update.

Hey browneye, how many updates have you had on your Explore E+3 and what versions does your app show you are running? Curious because it sounds like you've updated your bikes a couple times each. I've only had one update and the app shows I'm on the following versions:

Software version = 20191231000
Hardware version = 20180300000

Thanks guys, I removed the battery, restarted my Android phone several times and it keeps getting stuck on that 1 Bluetooth update. The other two updates which was firmware and I think software worked. No biggie, I'll just wait until the next App update.

Last edited:
Thanks for the Android idea. I had a very old Motorola Razr in the closet and it got the job done. But ugly - many restarts, questionable completions, removing the bike battery several times. But it did work in the end and then the iOS app started working again. And i'm thankful that i didn't brick the bike. Hardware sometimes fails and software sometimes works.

All of the options in the iOS app are available except for notifications. Anyone else see this?

Cheers!

In addition to @Browneye 's great suggestions, another thing to try is to remove the battery from your bike for a few minutes and then put it back in and try the update.

Hey browneye, how many updates have you had on your Explore E+3 and what versions does your app show you are running? Curious because it sounds like you've updated your bikes a couple times each. I've only had one update and the app shows I'm on the following versions:

Software version = 20191231000
Hardware version = 20180300000

IIRC, two updates.
All three of my bikes show the same versions. Everything works flawlessly. Wife's bike is on her iPhone 6s plus, mine is a 6 plus.

I assume auto-mode will show for hardware 2019*** or newer - you have to have the 6-sensor system. They came out with it early on the 'life' version of the assist-drive first. For the 'sport' and 'pro' syncdrive - 2020 model year.

Last edited:
Firmwares update done via my android smartphone because provided cable usb-usb is not compatible with my XS Max.
now everything is working well even with my XS Max ...

Firmwares update done via my android smartphone because provided cable usb-usb is not compatible with my XS Max.
now everything is working well even with my XS Max ...
You can find cable adapters from Lightning to mini-USB on Amazon. Here is the one I ordered. It's no longer available but there are lots of other options:
Adapter for iPhone

Hello All

E+ 2 got its firmware updated on Friday at the dealers to latest but since then the Rideone app will not connect to the bike no matter what I try. It does say its connected but nothing is displayed . Tried on 3 phone's all android but still no luck , could this be a bad firmware flash ?

Update popped back down to the Giant dealer and we ran diagnostics and re flashed the firmware and the app is working fine now :)

Just bought a 2020 Giant E+ 1 Pro. It needed a firmware update. My iPhone 8 with current IOS updates didn't work using the Giant app. So I fired up an old LG Android tablet. It updated the Giant Bluetooth firmware and then refused to do more. That was the only update for IOS to work and update three other firmware downloads to the bike. Not easy, but it all worked.

Last edited:
Back