Ride Control App - displays Contact Dealer and then closes

My Explore E+ 3 is a year and a half old and I've been using the Ride Control App on my iphone to check battery status without any issues. Today, whenever I start the app, it displays a message "Contact Dealer" and then immediately closes. Anyone else experience this and have any idea what it really means?

If you haven't tried but there is a new version of RideControl 1.4.2. Download then perform a firmware upgrade to your bike. Maybe?

Same thing. My phone is set to Auto Update apps, so updated overnight. My wife manually updated the app for her bike and it asked her to press two button concurrently whist connecting the phone. Hers is fine. Might relate to this. I have contacted Giant and hope for a solution. Similar issue happened about a year ago.

Crashes before the firmware update can be accessed

Same problem here, with my 2019 QuickE. It had been working fine before, but since the latest update it crashes the moment it tries to connect to the bike, with the message “CONTACT DEALER”. Honestly I am staggered that a company as large and reputable as Giant can release this bug-ridden joke of an app. It’s taken them a year since the last major version which also didn’t do the things advertised on the website (IOS Notifications and firmware updates) and somehow in all that time they have managed to make it even worse.

Same problem here, with my 2019 QuickE. It had been working fine before, but since the latest update it crashes the moment it tries to connect to the bike, with the message “CONTACT DEALER”. Honestly I am staggered that a company as large and reputable as Giant can release this bug-ridden joke of an app. It’s taken them a year since the last major version which also didn’t do the things advertised on the website (IOS Notifications and firmware updates) and somehow in all that time they have managed to make it even worse.
Have you tried removing the app then re installing, seems to work for a lot of people.

Have you tried removing the app then re installing, seems to work for a lot of people.

Good idea, but unfortunately it was the first thing I tried. It didn’t seem to make any different. The screen on the bike says connecting and then a few seconds later it displays the contact dealer message :(

Hey Guys,

Just got my used Giant Trance E+1Pro, install Giant RideControl 1.4.2 (iOS) - connected to the bike (bluetooth), get to the "Bike" screen and it says "Contact Dealer" and app closes immediately afterwards (not crashing though...), tried to reinstall it - same thing. I wonder if someone tried new android version - does it have the same experience?

For those who have issues with the App with IOS, i noticed that Ride Control is the only app on my iphone that doesn't have a notification option set, i mean if you go under settings , notification the RideControl app should be listed there, as far as i know. I'd be interested to know if the app is listed on those devices where it worked
Thanks

Hey Guys,

Just got my used Giant Trance E+1Pro, install Giant RideControl 1.4.2 (iOS) - connected to the bike (bluetooth), get to the "Bike" screen and it says "Contact Dealer" and app closes immediately afterwards (not crashing though...), tried to reinstall it - same thing. I wonder if someone tried new android version - does it have the same experience?

Same with my FATHOM 3+ ☹️

My wife's new Road E+ is now doing the same thing. We hadn't used the app for about a month and went in today to adjust the assist setting and now receive the Contact Dealer message. Our bike shop thought we should be able to hook up our PC to the4 EVO display and it would allow us to ensure we have the latest firmware. I tried that but could get anything to come up on our MacBook Pro. I'm not sure what app I'de need to use on the Mac to get it to recognize the bike/EVO connection, but nothing comes up automatically. I tried reloading the app on my PC and no luck... Contact the dealer.

The bike shop to screen shot of the errors and is contacting the Giant rep for us.

I opened Ride Control and it immediately asked me to update firmware. The whole process took about 1/2 hour. The UI for the app has been redesigned, but I didn't see any new functionality.

I have the same problem on my giant explore e3, will bring it to my local dealer to have a look.

Basically I tried u install the app and remove the bike from my iPhone’s Bluetooth list. Still no luck

Any word from Giant on this?
I just put another bike on the app - our third Giant. No issues whatsoever. All three are 2019 models however.

I have the same problem on my giant explore e3, will bring it to my local dealer to have a look.

Basically I tried u install the app and remove the bike from my iPhone’s Bluetooth list. Still no luck

I didn’t go to the giant Toronto due to the covid19 stay home warning. However I was able to fix it by connect my bike with my android tablet. (My bike was connected to my iPhone previously)

It did the firmware update and I was able to connect it back with my iPhone

I didn’t go to the giant Toronto due to the covid19 stay home warning. However I was able to fix it by connect my bike with my android tablet. (My bike was connected to my iPhone previously)

It did the firmware update and I was able to connect it back with my iPhone
This is exactly what I had to do with my 2019 Quick E+. Used an old Android phone to do the update. Now my iphone connects fine. Update finally gave me some navigation arrows on the Evo display.

Hi @new_ebiker, thanks for the tip on being able to update your firmware using android. I had tried on two different iphones and kept getting the same message. I installed RideControl on a Kindle Fire tablet (had toinstall Google Play first) and was finally able to update the firmware.

Bought a used 2019 Quick E+ and getting the same error on my iPhone X, glad I found this thead. I can connect to the bike, but then at the next screen I get the error with v1.4.3 build 55 (most current version). Guess I'll try an Android.

IMG_4342.PNG

Connected to an Android phone and did 2 of the 3 updates but having problems on updating the Bluetooth. Always completes the circle, hangs, then gives error that update could not be made and contact the dealer.

Last edited:
I would restart the phone, turn the bike on, try scanning for the BT connection again. Make sure your app 'logs on' to the RideControl cloud first. If you're not sure, log off and log back on - it has to connect each time you start the app in order for it to work. I have had some glitchy starts with all of them, but they eventually connect up and everything updates.

Yesterday wife's bike wouldn't connect to her app. I rebooted her phone and it reconnected the bike without issue.
I have my two bikes on my phone, they've even been renamed and saved that way - comes back up at a later time with all data intact.

Back