Review of Gazelle 380+ Mid step

I feel bad taking it back to the shop again. 🤦🏾‍♂️ They spent two hours trying to figure it out and it’s the same as before I went to the shop minus a few minor seat and handle bar adjustments. It seems like everytime it hits a certain spot on the belt I get varying levels of vibration. I feel like Im breaking the bike or hurting it with each pedal stroke.😳

Im wondering if some debris is getting caught in the belt.

Last edited:
I feel bad taking it back to the shop again. 🤦🏾‍♂️ They spent two hours trying to figure it out And it’s the same as before I went to the shop minus a few minor seat and handle bar adjustments. It seems like everytime it hits a certain spot on the belt I get varying levels of vibration.
I am sure Propel guys will figure it out. Hope you get this fixed soon so you can fully enjoy this great bike!

I feel bad taking it back to the shop again.
You are expected to take your e-bike to the shop after 100-200 miles ridden anyway (it is the "warranty service", and you pay for the work). Not doing that in some 3 months might invalidate your warranty. The reason is many strange things happen when e-bikes break in, and that's is expected to be diagnosed and fixed by the shop.

P.S. Bring your warranty card with you.

I am sure Propel guys will figure it out. Hope you get this fixed soon so you can fully enjoy this great bike!
The one in the store was like night and day. Im gonna ask if the can check the belt and cogs themselves because the issue happens every pedal stroke.

The one in the store was like night and day. Im gonna ask if the can check the belt and cogs themselves because the issue happens every pedal stroke.
This sounds like the belt may be out of alignment. Mine is smooth as can be as well. Shouldn't be any vibration.

So I got the bike back and the adjustments Propel made really made a difference. Wow! 🤩 I love this bike!!! I dont even want to ride my Turbo Creo lately. 🥺🥳 Ill give it some love too this week.

they craved for a lightweight one
But why? Weight difference doesn't make that much difference on e-bike. Proper motor can compensate the weight and on 25+ mph aerodynamics plays the major role, not the weight of the bike. Is it really such a difference to pay thousands of dollars for the lighter e-bike (in addition to full power one)?

Funny to think many EBR users got their full power e-bike first to find out they craved for a lightweight one, Swifty :) You went the other way!
I have both. Ill still use both. This bike is just so great because of the belt and cvt and the more upright position. The STC is great because its easier to take on a train.

Last edited:
103AE2CD-F92C-4ADE-8841-807120DD5844.jpeg

6BE7F444-D990-42B1-AF98-7CBFB28CDEA4.jpeg

A0D32806-B559-432B-909C-6E803CF20AD2.jpeg

I have both. Ill still use both. This bike is just so great because of the belt and cvt and the more upright position. The STC is great because its easier to take on a train.
Yes, yes. I fully understand that. I meant a more typical route is owning a full power e-bike first to find out we sometimes need more workout; and carrying a lightweight e-bike in single hand means much fun! :)

It is good to own and ride two such different e-bikes, as both you and I do.

Finally got Axa Plug-In Chain for the built-in frame lock today. This thing is extremely difficult to get in US, so ordered from Europe. I have same for my C8, but the locks on C8 and C380+ are different, even if they are looking very similar. I consider this is very handy lock option for C380+ which doesn't require separate key and easy to attach/detach. Comes with nice saddle bag, which I mounted between seat post and trunk (fits extremely well there!).

Attachments

• axa_chain_3.jpg
    axa_chain_3.jpg
    986.3 KB · Views: 300
  • axa_chain_2.jpg
    axa_chain_2.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 288
  • axa_chain_1.jpg
    axa_chain_1.jpg
    987.7 KB · Views: 301
Finally got Axa Plug-In Chain for the built-in frame lock today. This thing is extremely difficult to get in US, so ordered from Europe. I have same for my C8, but the locks on C8 and C380+ are different, even if they are looking very similar. I consider this is very handy lock option for C380+ which doesn't require separate key and easy to attach/detach. Comes with nice saddle bag, which I mounted between seat post and trunk (fits extremely well there!).
I have the same ordered from holland and gazelle panniers.
image.jpg

I've thought if I went C380+ I'd replace with ABUS. Sucks to spend the extra ,but I'm not a fan of the retained key and easier to get the chain. Pretty sure you can even get the keyed-alike cylinder for the battery lock. Honestly want a higher end R&M, but want to wait on the new Bosch system, so the Gazelle may be what I go with to hold me over.

Back