Review: New LMT'D - new owner's perspective

Can someone share some photos of the Lmtd Cafe style handlebars. Pictures on the website are not easy to see how swept back they are... second guessing my choice
This is from the 700, which should be close. I'm not a fan of that style. I had a motorcycle with them before.

cafe.jpg

This is from the 700, which should be close. I'm not a fan of that style. I had a motorcycle with them before.

View attachment 62375
I like this style but that looks kinda wide. Acromial width (inside of hand at shoulder bone width or +1-2") is ideal. My Velo Orange handlebar was a 57 cm width, I'd have shaved it to 52-54 except I needed the space for shifters/brakes/etc.

Looks like you can easily saw off the edges and still have plenty of room.

The same shape can have a very different effect depending on the height and width.

I like this style but that looks kinda wide. Acromial width (inside of hand at shoulder bone width or +1-2") is ideal. My Velo Orange handlebar was a 57 cm width, I'd have shaved it to 52-54 except I needed the space for shifters/brakes/etc.

Looks like you can easily saw off the edges and still have plenty of room.

The same shape can have a very different effect depending on the height and width.
Cool. Thanks. I may just order a riser bar from elsewhere and swap it out.. where did you get the extension to the handlebars on the left... it’s a good option for more handlebar room for phones etc on those risers

Cool. Thanks. I may just order a riser bar from elsewhere and swap it out.. where did you get the extension to the handlebars on the left... it’s a good option for more handlebar room for phones etc on those risers
Sorry on the right handlebars

More than likely, if I were to go the LMT'D/Core5 route, I would just order the LMT'D first and make sure I'm happy with it before adding the Core5 since Ride1Up doesn't offer a multiple bike discount.
I stand corrected. You can save $100 with a multi-bike purchase.

Has anyone waiting on a Lmtd with the Sept 10 ship dates received any correspondence indicating they are being shipped whether early or not? Between FB page and forums indications that Kevin and crew are busy processing upwards of 600 bikes for shipment between late yesterday and this week and many received email confirmation that bikes will ship. There was no indication to models. If you received, what was your order date? I’m currently awaiting a 700ST and a Lmtd where commit dates were Sept 15 and Sept 10 respectively. I have not received any confirmation.

From my experience, you probably will receive confirmation about one week before your bike is delivered. You will receive an email from Ride1Up saying "your order is now complete"
expect to see your bike within a week. I live in Florida and my confirmation came 6/11. I received the bike on 6/18.

Has anyone waiting on a Lmtd with the Sept 10 ship dates received any correspondence indicating they are being shipped whether early or not? Between FB page and forums indications that Kevin and crew are busy processing upwards of 600 bikes for shipment between late yesterday and this week and many received email confirmation that bikes will ship. There was no indication to models. If you received, what was your order date? I’m currently awaiting a 700ST and a Lmtd where commit dates were Sept 15 and Sept 10 respectively. I have not received any confirmation.
I ordered a 700 series XT on July 24th it was originally supposed to be shipped on September 15th. A week and a half ago I got an email telling me it would be shipped between August 17th and 21st. The 21st was yesterday they told me it would be shipping soon. I am a little bothered by the thread I just discovered regarding the 700 series having an issue with the chain falling off

I ordered a Lmt’d on Aug 9th. No correspondence to date. Cheers!

When I first looked at the Limited on the ride1up website, it was 1,699. The next day when I ordered, it went up to 1,799.

When I first looked at the Limited on the ride1up website, it was 1,699. The next day when I ordered, it went up to 1,799.
Hopefully, it won't go up another 25%.

I am a little bothered by the thread I just discovered regarding the 700 series having an issue with the chain falling off

I've only seen a few 700 owners report the problem. I wonder if any LMT'D users have the chain fall off, particularly in the lower gears, due to the chain line.

Over 250 miles so far and yes, my chain has fallen off. Once. I was going about 20 mph and hit a tree root bumped up sidewalk section - HARD - and the chain bounced off. Super extreme. Nothing prior, nothing since. Pretty explainable and I haven't worried about it.

It still lets me apply the coupon and takes off the $100.

View attachment 63195
Great. I got that information direct from a Kevin Dugger's post on the Ride1up owner's facebook page last week. Glad they gave you the discount. He was responding to a buyer who bought two bikes without knowing about the $100 discount coupon. They would not give him the discount once he put his order in. In further response Dugger said we have gotten rid of that discount. Not critising Dugger, but I think the discount for 2 bikes bought in the same transaction should be automatically applied.

Back