Revamping a bike trailer?

Thoughts and suggestions................
Tia
trailer2.jpg
 
Run,
I don't think that option will work very well, as each wheel has independent suspension.
I kind'a think that plastic box would be destroyed, due to the bouncing action of each separate wheel.
I have got front and back baskets already.
Tia
 
Last edited:
You could put a Huge box with an integrated pannier on each wheel?

Each box can extend way beyond the rack, and probably be at least a few inches wider for a pannier box?

That will help get more weight on top of the rear wheel (even some weight behind the axle) to help reduce your tongue weight.

Something like this,..
 

Attachments

  • Screenshot_20260603_202839_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    Screenshot_20260603_202839_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    168.3 KB · Views: 69
  • Screenshot_20260603_202347_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    Screenshot_20260603_202347_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    594 KB · Views: 69
Guys
I have been neglect in updating this post.
So here is some more info/photos', "Sage", waiting for his ride (110#'s),
and "Chance" waiting for his ride, he is not too sure of this..........


After trail testing/riding with up too 200#s, I discovered a trailer sway system,
that another single wheel trailer used devised for his single wheel.

I tried it, as with any weight over 100#s causes very serious swaying/whipping,
and hard to control, via using 8' - 1/4" diameter HD Bungie cord.
By vary the number of wraps on each side of the jct between the attachment and trailer frame,
I could control any negative side to side trailer swaying/whipping.

The original user used a bike tube cut into 1" wide strips on the top of the trailers basket frame
to the swing arms for the bike attachment points. I tried the inner tube method, but ran out of length
of tubing to get better control for the heavier wights.

I changed to Bungee cords and found the answer for better control via the number of wraps
needed per weight hauled.

On the sides of the trailer and attachment swing arms there is vertical
bar on each side. 1 bar is at 7" spacing distance and the other side is 8" spacing distance,

See photo,
https://i.ibb.co/FkDHgxnD/20260613-092027.jpg (Original OEM photo)

My method using the side bars/Bungee cord,,
I started with a shorter 24" Bungee cord and then went to 8' long x 1/4" diameter
for more adjustment/control.

As I failed to draw tag again this year, for the 7-8th yr in a row,
I'll have more time to test and improve with Sage in the back......LOL
Your thoughts or suggestions....
Tia
 
Back