Replacing Controller and Throttle

r0stabear

Region
Europe
Hi everyone, I am looking for any sort of help I may be able to get.

I have a Sheng-Milo MX01 and just last week something has gone wrong and I
I get no power from the throttle or PA system I have concluded that its the controller box itself that is faulty and am looking for a replacement. ( I have a friend that was over and we connected my motor to his electronics and it worked this is why i am sure it must be the controller).

If anyone has purchased a replacement controller or knows of any distributors for such components please do let me know, thank you in advance as I would like to be sure that its compatible before going and buying one I have looked intensely online with no luck finding a controller with the same specs.

I have attached a picture of the controller from my bike.

Attachments

• IMG_0173.jpg
    IMG_0173.jpg
    200.6 KB · Views: 264
I would check the throttle connector for voltage first, to see of the controller powered up. If it's three wires. two are power and ground, about 4.3V, The third will be at 1.3V if the throtttle is connected. Rises to 4V when throttle is turned. If it's more wires, describe them and we can tell you what to expect.

If throttle shows above voltages, disconnect the brake wires to make sure they didn't shut off the controller.

CHeck your start circuit. If it is a start button, or a keyswitch, its purpose is to deliver battery power to the output lead. Here, you can make sure battery power got thru the controller. You didn't mention a display. If you change controller, you have to change to a compatible display too.

Then when you are sure your wiring is OK and controller, buy a new one. You'll have a chore to figure out the above wiring on the new controller. Might as well check it first on the old one,

I would check the throttle connector for voltage first, to see of the controller powered up. If it's three wires. two are power and ground, about 4.3V, The third will be at 1.3V if the throtttle is connected. Rises to 4V when throttle is turned. If it's more wires, describe them and we can tell you what to expect.

If throttle shows above voltages, disconnect the brake wires to make sure they didn't shut off the controller.

CHeck your start circuit. If it is a start button, or a keyswitch, its purpose is to deliver battery power to the output lead. Here, you can make sure battery power got thru the controller. You didn't mention a display. If you change controller, you have to change to a compatible display too.

Then when you are sure your wiring is OK and controller, buy a new one. You'll have a chore to figure out the above wiring on the new controller. Might as well check it first on the old one,
Thank you for the quick reply the throttle is also broken there are 3 wires white red and black i will have to check the voltage as you said the display is M5 i think anyways which should help me in finding the right controller.

Hi everyone, I am looking for any sort of help I may be able to get.

I have a Sheng-Milo MX01 and just last week something has gone wrong and I
I get no power from the throttle or PA system I have concluded that its the controller box itself that is faulty and am looking for a replacement. ( I have a friend that was over and we connected my motor to his electronics and it worked this is why i am sure it must be the controller).

If anyone has purchased a replacement controller or knows of any distributors for such components please do let me know, thank you in advance as I would like to be sure that its compatible before going and buying one I have looked intensely online with no luck finding a controller with the same specs.

I have attached a picture of the controller from my bike.
Please please please let me know if you have any joy in getting a replacement controller as I am in the same situation as you

General replacement controllers, besides having the correct voltage (48 in your case) have to have the correct connectors to plug to your accessories. PAS pickup throttle and motor hall effect pickup connector mainly. Phase wires and battery connection can be converted from one type to another with industrial crimp terminals, andersn or XTx0 connectors. You didn't show the connectors in your picture. Replacement controllers on amazon or ebay do show connectors with labels, but sometimes when you get the part the labels are only in chinese.

Thank you for the quick reply the throttle is also broken there are 3 wires white red and black i will have to check the voltage as you said the display is M5 i think anyways which should help me in finding the right controller.
Sounds like a crash?

Back