Rented an Ebike in Austria

grench

Hey all just thought I would drop a note and let you know you can rent Ebikes in Linz Austria. I am over here on business and have been commuting from the hotel to work and riding around a bit in the evenings. Primarily Bosch mid drives. There are a few yamahas, kalkhoffs and some trams X. I spent some time talking to the bike mechanic and he is a fan of the Bosch. His point was the component style change out. His most common repair is the control switch. The price is $25 Euro per day - drops to $20 per three days and $18 per day for a week. A little expensive in my opinion...he didn't care! I love riding here the bikes have the right of way! Anyway here is a few pics.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    288.9 KB · Views: 423
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 484
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 446
Last edited:
I met two older Irish couples riding across Austria today. They are averaging 70-80 kph per day and per charge. The mid drive motors look like Kalkhoffs...

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    961 KB · Views: 458
For someone like you who goes zipping around on your Stromer, don't you feel constrained by that 25km/h limit? It drives me bonkers and is probably the no. 1 reason I haven't bought an e-bike yet
It is interesting how I am affected by the speed limit: 1). If I have a destination in mind - 20mph seems ridiculous. 2). If I am sight seeing and riding around lots of walkers - 20 seems reasonable.

So I would say yes - having a 28+ mph bike is the only solution. For those who don't want to ride fast...slow down :D. Your car will break any speed limits but that doesn't mean you have to:rolleyes:. I should also add - the Stromer spends a lot of time in the garage since I got the Bulls Outlaw.

As for the infa structure in Linz and Vienna...it is the best I have ever seen (Note: I am comparing to the mid west in the USA). There are dedicated bike lanes everywhere. You can take a folding bike on all the trains. Bikes and pedestrians have the right of way everywhere. This is a new concept for an American. I definitely feel safe riding here. At home I feel like I run the gauntlet:eek:.

you mean 70-80 kilometers per day right ? :) just checking.

I met two older Irish couples riding across Austria today. They are averaging 70-80 kph per day and per charge. The mid drive motors look like Kalkhoffs...

Back