Rene Herse, supple tire recommendations

Calcoaster

Region
USA
I have the stock Pathfinder Sport 700 38 tires on my Vado sl 4.0 and I’m looking for a road tire that does it all: comfort, fast, durable, with emphasis on comfort. The rene herse Barlow pass looks interesting but I don’t know if their endurance model sacrifices too much of the comfort the supple tires are known for. Is it a trade off between a smooth ride and flat protection, with the standard casing being smooth but flat prone and the endurance casing being stiff but with few flats? Can anyone compare them for me and comment on how much ride difference I might notice between my pathfinders and Rene Herse? Or other recommendations for a road tire? I don’t need or want knobby tires, I only ride on the road and I want some help with the road buzz that a supple tire might give my aluminum frame.

I run the 650B X 42mm Baby shoe Pass on my road bikes. My usual flats are from glass or bits of wire from radial tires and I don't think endurance will help. I am getting new 650B wheels to run the Baby shoe passes on my Creo. Since I'm setting them up tubeless the shop commented the endurance casing is easier to set up tubeless than the lightweight or standard. I currently have the Specialized Sawtooth 42mm tubless on the Creo and they are more comfy than the 38mm Nimbus Sports that are on my Vado SL 5.0.

Last edited:
I have the Vado SL 4 EQ which came with Nimbus II Sport tires which are very slick, ride fast and quiet and depending on PSI comfortable. I switched to Pathfinders a short time ago because I needed better traction than n the many gravel roads around me that I wanted to ride.

The Pathfinders are slightly slower and noisier on asphalt. Maybe two mph slower.

Just a thought

Back