Regen question

Bobstoltz

Today during my ride on my ST2 I felt a noticeable breaking action. I was traveling smoothly in level 2, 17.5 mph rate for 20 minutes or so. I stopped to take a picture and then proceeded. After I started again I felt that noticeable breaking action. I look down and noticed the regen bar was illuminated. I touch the brakes, change gears and level to no avail. I did clear it by completely by stopping again. This is the first time this has happen. Any ideas what caused this

The electronics in the bike handles can be disconnected to see if it is either of the switches in the handles when this happens again. Most likely if it is this you will need replacement parts so your dealer will need to be involved. If you can tell them what happens and how you resolved the situation it should help them verify and get repaired that much quicker.

Hey, Bob... Was looking at the forecasts there for this week and am impressed you can ride - even an ebike! - without melting into a puddle on the pavement. Mind the temps! Hope you're doing well despite the wx. Might (finally) have my CrossCurrent delivered by the end of the week. Still think about that enjoyable ride you provided - thanks again!

Jack

Today during my ride on my ST2 I felt a noticeable breaking action. I was traveling smoothly in level 2, 17.5 mph rate for 20 minutes or so. I stopped to take a picture and then proceeded. After I started again I felt that noticeable breaking action. I look down and noticed the regen bar was illuminated. I touch the brakes, change gears and level to no avail. I did clear it by completely by stopping again. This is the first time this has happen. Any ideas what caused this

Not sure what may have caused it, but generally speaking you can get out of the regen mode by holding down the 1 or 2 button for 2 secs while riding on the ST-2

still pretty sure it one of his switches in his brake handles, guessing the right (rear) one. . if you disconnect it you will still have brakes, no regen or engine kill , but it is only temporary and the other brake will still stop and will kill the engine when you slow down/stop.it needsto do it enough that you can tell that it is fixed by disconnecting. then the shop can replace the mechanism for you

another test. get up to speed , slow down using only the regen feature. your left brake should be less regen then the right , you should be able to feel the dfferene and also see it by how much the bar moves when engaged. it only shows the power bar in one screen on your display , you have 3 choices the one with the battery percentage .

Last edited:
Thank you all. I try your ideas.
Hey, Bob... Was looking at the forecasts there for this week and am impressed you can ride - even an ebike! - without melting into a puddle on the pavement. Mind the temps! Hope you're doing well despite the wx. Might (finally) have my CrossCurrent delivered by the end of the week. Still think about that enjoyable ride you provided - thanks again!

Jack
Jack .... great hearing from you. Yes it hot. Yesterday I started at Mayport Ferry and rode to Amelia Island and back. Started at 7am ferry and back for lunch at Safe Harbor 10:30. Cool and very good ride except this issue.

Jack .... the

Jack
The CrossCurrent looks great!

Back