Refunds on late unfulfilled orders

This post made me curious enough to visit the Himiway website. First thing I notice is they claim to have over 23,000 users with a 98% satisfaction rate.

Himiway's website also claim to have "3790K+ Trouble Free Distance". I guess "3790K+" means a distance of 3,790,000+. This claim of "Trouble Free Distance" does not include the unit of measure which would normally be km or mi. I can't help but wonder how Himiway is keeping track of the "Trouble Free Distance" they claim and if they have any real data to support that claim???

1615867164808.png

Last edited:
Himiway estimated a one week ship time
Not sure if someone else commented on this and I missed it... but I think "estimate" is the key word here. There's lots that can cause delays that are outside of Himiway's control. It's a bummer that you can't take it on your trip, but surely you aren't buying the bike just for this trip? If that's the case, rentals might be the way to go :)

The 8% fee to cancel your order sucks... but it is a common thing. I see it more often as a restocking fee when returning a bike that you actually received, but charging it before the bike even shipped seems a bit ridiculous to me, since they'll be able to just ship it to a different customer. With that said, it's worth reading the fine print even though it isn't fun to slog through.

How many company reps are on this page?
can you tell me why you charge 8% for an unfulfilled order that was canceled?
The reason is obvious. If we do have the bike you purchased, why do we label it as "pre-ordered" instead of arranging delivery for you directly? For all pre-ordered products, we need to provide the customer's purchase information and confirm, in order to put them into production and arranging shipment. Doesn't that need money, time, and energy? If everyone cancels orders at will, what will happen to the employees? The order is unfulfilled doesn't mean the company is not working on it. Thx for your understanding

What's this guy up to? He deletes his earlier post and then reposts it again to make it the newest post?^

According to the OP "Himiway estimated a one week ship time." Now 3 weeks later and still not shipped? Why list such an optimistic estimate if a company knows, or reasonably should know, that it can't be met? This isn't some custom, one-off, product. They only have three bikes listed on their web site, no size or color options that I could see. Charging 8% for an order cancellation on an item that hasn't been shipped, when they've shown that they couldn't come close to meeting their estimated ship date isn't something that I have ever encountered with any purchase cancellation.

I ordered a Step-Thru from these folks after all the positive reviews. Little did I know that they have atrocious customer service and an 8% cancellation fee. When I was told about the 8% I inquired about the return policy. I was told by their customer care person if you receive a bike and return it (for any reason) whether opened or unopened they will consider it a cancelled order and charge you the 8% fee. I pointed out to them that the website says that you get free returns within 15 days and he said yes - you can return but they will still hold back 8% regardless. He said it's the corporate office in China and they will not negotiate. He said they do anything to avoid paying shipping fees for return orders. He said they make many people eat the 8%. Makes me worried that I'm dealing with a shoddy company. Couple that with all the bad warranty experiences people have and I'm double worried.

I wrote an email to them today confirming that if I return the bike within 15 days that I'll get a full refund and free return shipping. I told them I was not canceling so as to avoid the 8% fee. I told them that I would allow them to fulfill the order and let them mail me the bike and I would simply return it under their 15 day return policy. Seems ridiculous to me. Their policy in full is below - you read it and tell me if they get to keep the 8% as a cancellation or if they owe a shipping label and full refund.

Who knows - Bike may be great but the policies and customer service are horrendous - everyone should be nervous after reading people's experiences when their are problems.

EBIKE RETURNS WITHIN THE U.S

Ebikes from Himiway are under FREE returns within 15 days of delivery (only in the U.S). To return an ebike that is not defective or damaged, please contact the customer service team(CST) within 15 days. Returns are NOT allowed after 15 days.

The mileage on the LCD screen of the ebike must be less than 10 miles, there should be no wear, dirt, scratches, fragrance, or any other signs of use. All items received by the customer must be included in the original packaging and in the same condition because they were sent by Himiway.

Before a return is sent, the customer must have written approval of said return from Himiway. If a customer sends a return without the written consent of Himiway, a refund will not be issued and the customer will have to pay for shipping to get the item returned, or sacrifice the item.

For returns agreed by Himiway, please do not ship them by yourself before receiving the authorization and shipping label provided by Himiway. Please send us a notification with the tracking number after shipping any items for return. Once we received the item, we will either replace the item or give you a refund. This will be issued in 2 days.

For ebike that has been delivered for more than 15 days or used for more than 10 miles, if there is any problem, we do not accept returns anymore, only repairs and replacements are allowed.

If non-returnable items are returned without authorization from our customer service team, they will be returned to the customer immediately and the customer will be notified. Restocking fees may apply to unauthorized returns.

I ordered a Step-Thru from these folks after all the positive reviews. Little did I know that they have atrocious customer service and an 8% cancellation fee. When I was told about the 8% I inquired about the return policy. I was told by their customer care person if you receive a bike and return it (for any reason) whether opened or unopened they will consider it a cancelled order and charge you the 8% fee. I pointed out to them that the website says that you get free returns within 15 days and he said yes - you can return but they will still hold back 8% regardless. He said it's the corporate office in China and they will not negotiate. He said they do anything to avoid paying shipping fees for return orders. He said they make many people eat the 8%. Makes me worried that I'm dealing with a shoddy company. Couple that with all the bad warranty experiences people have and I'm double worried.

I wrote an email to them today confirming that if I return the bike within 15 days that I'll get a full refund and free return shipping. I told them I was not canceling so as to avoid the 8% fee. I told them that I would allow them to fulfill the order and let them mail me the bike and I would simply return it under their 15 day return policy. Seems ridiculous to me. Their policy in full is below - you read it and tell me if they get to keep the 8% as a cancellation or if they owe a shipping label and full refund.

Who knows - Bike may be great but the policies and customer service are horrendous - everyone should be nervous after reading people's experiences when their are problems.

EBIKE RETURNS WITHIN THE U.S

Ebikes from Himiway are under FREE returns within 15 days of delivery (only in the U.S). To return an ebike that is not defective or damaged, please contact the customer service team(CST) within 15 days. Returns are NOT allowed after 15 days.

The mileage on the LCD screen of the ebike must be less than 10 miles, there should be no wear, dirt, scratches, fragrance, or any other signs of use. All items received by the customer must be included in the original packaging and in the same condition because they were sent by Himiway.

Before a return is sent, the customer must have written approval of said return from Himiway. If a customer sends a return without the written consent of Himiway, a refund will not be issued and the customer will have to pay for shipping to get the item returned, or sacrifice the item.

For returns agreed by Himiway, please do not ship them by yourself before receiving the authorization and shipping label provided by Himiway. Please send us a notification with the tracking number after shipping any items for return. Once we received the item, we will either replace the item or give you a refund. This will be issued in 2 days.

For ebike that has been delivered for more than 15 days or used for more than 10 miles, if there is any problem, we do not accept returns anymore, only repairs and replacements are allowed.

If non-returnable items are returned without authorization from our customer service team, they will be returned to the customer immediately and the customer will be notified. Restocking fees may apply to unauthorized returns.
I'd get a screen shot of that page and also copy it. If you paid by credit card that info would probably help you dispute the charge with your cc issuer if Himiway doesn't comply with its written policy.
A contrasting experience I had with bicyclebluebook who offered 30 day free returns was that even though an explanation wasn't required I did provide a legitimate reason and without question they sent a return label and I was fully refunded.

Why the return?
When I called I asked about shipping times. When I ordered the website said that it would ship in May. The rep said that shipping times are actually closer to 12 weeks - that's what got me looking into cancelling and the investigation into their policies. I did save the 15 day free return policy. I also purchased with my Amex Platinum in case anything goes wrong with the return - Amex will take care of it if I give them the information.

I'm not absolutely sold on cancelling the bike - but I also don't want to wait until end middle of July either.

My money is on they never refund anyone the full amount but claim the bike is damaged when they receive it and withhold the 8% anyway. Only safe option is to chargeback the credit card.

Want to update everyone on my original post about the 15 day Free return policy and the 8% cancellation policy. The company wrote back to me and said that if I wanted to cancel the order, rather than have me go through the 15 day return policy, they would refund my purchase 100%. Can't ask for much more than that. After I advised them that I appreciated their response, I cancelled the bike and asked that they confirm back to me in writing that I would get a 100% refund. I think it's only fair to let everyone know that this experience was far different than the one I had with the Customer Service rep. Anyway - looking at different bikes now and think I may go with a Surface 640 Rook. We'll see.....

Good to hear you are getting a full refund. (Hopefully) I would stay away from this company or any other that doesn't allow you to cancel your order anytime prior to shipping with a 100% refund.

Same here in Europe (Germany) ordered in February, 1st delivery date 5th March, then 15th March then 01.April then I canceled my order. Now on the website it says starting first of June ! There is a telephone number but never ever somebody is there. Only Email contact with "Felix" ( Person in China ). But I paid with paypal and got all my money back. Will loke now for a Cube Bike.

Back