(Refund Refused/More Issues) My Experience - Brand New Stromer. 3 months of ownership, 2 months of repairs.

Update.. Motor Error 1027A today on my way to work. Restarted the bike and it didnt come back for a 10 mile commute. Heres hoping its just a hiccup.....

Just wanted to pass along my recent experience with the Stromer warranty. I had a poltergeist in my bike - motor randomly running at top speed - very exciting to say the least! When I went to my dealer, Mike from Stromer shipped a new motor and controller right away. 2 weeks later my ST2 is as good or better than new! Its been properly exorcised!

my 8 years of stromer say parts only except at the selling dealer but they arent repaid from Stromer so the 3 yr warranty on on a st2s is not quite what it seems

Update: another trip today, no error. Real test will be this evening where ill be biking much farther. will post another update soon.

Update: another trip today but in the rain. no error. real test may be in a couple hours when I head back home after the bike has been parked wet.

Update: another trip today but in the rain. no error. real test may be in a couple hours when I head back home after the bike has been parked wet.

Our ebikes use same exact Torque sensors and i can tell you from exp. that you may get an occasional error message (when pedaling either too hard or over big potholes)for the torque sensor.
On my Bh ebike is error 05, not sure on Stromer which one it is. The error msg. Usually 99% of the times goes away after a split second..

In my case, my dealer ate the labour and parts as per the warranty as well. They replaced both the motor and controller. The bike runs better than new. I couldn't be happier.

I have nothing for praise for both my dealer and Stromer since I changed dealers. The place I originally bought it from went under and is now out of business.

On the west coast of Canada MEC seems to be the main dealer now for Stromer. With their larger retail footprint they seem a fair and safe place to go to buy and service your Stromer. I highly recommend Canadians try them out.

Update: No further issues since the 1027A error on Sept 27. I live in Chicago and it's starting to get cold, so I'm curious how it will hold up the colder it gets.

Error 1027A last week, no motor power, did not recover after battery reseats. Let it sit overnight and it was fine. Last friday, heavy motor vibrations randomly while cursing at top speed. Same this morning. Requesting a refund after 5 repairs and a new bike swap.

Do not buy a Stromer

Sorry to hear that your saga continues. Time to invoke the lemon law and insist on a full refund after 3 unsuccessful repairs.

Error 1027A last week, no motor power, did not recover after battery reseats. Let it sit overnight and it was fine. Last friday, heavy motor vibrations randomly while cursing at top speed. Same this morning. Requesting a refund after 5 repairs and a new bike swap.

Do not buy a Stromer
Sorry to hear you are still having issues.

For context, I also own an ST2S and it has been a dream. It was set up correctly to begin with by a dealer with lots of experience with Stromers. The few issues I experienced have been resolved with no difficulties.

I read through your posts on this, but nowhere did I read that the bike was set up and tested by a mechanic who knows Stromers through and through. Some initial dialing in is to be expected, from what I understand. Unlike some products such as consumer electronics, a Stromer has to be built, tuned and tested by the dealer selling it. It is not going to come perfectly set up out of the box. And it will need some additional set up during its break in period. Your motor shudder could have several causes, from a bad motor to improperly torqued axle to who knows what. A good dealer who sold a Stromer and who cannot set it up properly and make it work as it should, will take it back. These bikes are tricky to work on, but do work great when properly set up.

I agree. As many have stated on these forums, having a reliable mechanic is key for most if not all electric bikes! Paying a bit extra to go through a legit Stromer store is worth the few extra dollars on the front end in my opinion.

not all experiences are the same. i have done all I know to do, different shops, different techs, different models of Stromers,8 bikes 8 poor experiences. I believe in some of my cases it may be the shop but it doesn’t matter. I have become another “Never Stromer!”. the ownership experience has been expensive, and even more so frustrating.i had 3 “ day to day working” Stromers..all in the shop at one time and no bike to ride, waiting for parts and service . and if you ask why I tried 8 bikes it is the expensive batteries. I currently have 1 Stromer left and 4 batteries. 2 blue, 2 gold. List for the batteries is 7 grand , theoretically worth more than the bike. Proprietary batteries are expensive, speed and range just cost

2 shops dropped Stromer while under warranty, Stromer I believe has only 1 support person , used to be 3. They don’t like dealing with consumers, ”Go to the shop” ...

Back