(Refund Refused/More Issues) My Experience - Brand New Stromer. 3 months of ownership, 2 months of repairs.

I do not believe that my issues could be a result of my bike not being properly "dialed in". This new Stromer has about 800miles on it and has been mostly fine up until now. Even if it's true that it needs to be "dialed in", Stromers extremely limited network in the US means even if you do buy from a good dealer, you better make sure you live near them for 5-7 years (or how ever long you intend to use the bike) and hope the dealer maintains support.

I do not believe that my issues could be a result of my bike not being properly "dialed in". This new Stromer has about 800miles on it and has been mostly fine up until now. Even if it's true that it needs to be "dialed in", Stromers extremely limited network in the US means even if you do buy from a good dealer, you better make sure you live near them for 5-7 years (or how ever long you intend to use the bike) and hope the dealer maintains support.
It seems like you had issues in August, September, October and November, based on your posts. I agree buying from a dealer far from where you live is probably a bad idea. If you get a replacement bike, be sure someone who knows what they are doing sets it up.

Yes, I agree with it being a bad idea to purchase a bike from a far dealer, but who the heck expects to need to take 6 trips in 8 months...

Is there any truth in the saying that the Stromers for Us aRe made with cheaper chinese components/cables and the ones for Europe with better cables/components ?
I read that from Court himself and heard it at a shop also.

Is there any truth in the saying that the Stromers for Us aRe made with cheaper chinese components/cables and the ones for Europe with better cables/components ?
I read that from Court himself and heard it at a shop also.

The pictures posted from Stromer owner here made me believe, they are assembled in Germany, as they have typical components, which are not mandatory in the US and Switzerland. From now on, all Stromer for all markets worldwide are assembled in Switzerland. I've not seen a second line with low quality parts.

But keep in mind: All Stromer ar sold by a dealer. A dealer can easily replace high value parts with cheaper ones!

many parts are proprietary , brakes, fender/rack, and electronics, only the parts which gave me issues. I couldnt get a replacement part for my brake handle from Magura when it was leaking who made made and sold them. They warranty it for 5 years if they had one , nothing for a Stromer in stock, couldnt match the lever with the cut out switch for example.

Blue, Stromer and USA do not mix well!

many parts are proprietary...

Yes, battery, motor and OMNI-display are designed and made for Stromer only.

The Magura MT5e is a (high level) standard product from Germany as well as the Supernova lighting. The Shimano drivetrain, the FSA crankset, the DT Swiss rims, Brooks / Ergon saddle : All available from a bike store.

Only made for Stromer are the Wren USD fork and the Pirelli tires.

1574274950604.png

as I wrote i have to get Stromer brake parts on my old bikes. they were made by Magura and they sent me stuff when broke but didn’t work, had to go to Stromer...I thought the 5 brakes have only Stromer brand written on them

as I am shopping for my ultimate bike for the next few years i ask for a a bike that is as close to a Stromer as possible but works as my starting question...I really really really (extra really for emphasis and humor) like riding one I have just not experienced the positives which others have and have given more than a 2nd chance

Actually sent an email to their service department a week ago, and have not heard back. (forgot to post that update) Emailed the shop owner Thursday, and still have not heard back. Just spoke to the sales manager and he is now included him on email chain.

Expecting some sort of answer soon

There’s some members here who have direct contact info for the US manager rep.

You can alway also sue them in civil court. I’m sure once the email with the court attachment arrives in their inbox, “Someone will contact you shortly” 😉

Yes, I've actually been compiling my information should I need to go that route... talking about thousands of dollars, months of usability, incredible inconvenience and time wasted.

As an experienced ebiker and tech. Guy i’ve been saying for months how disastrous a Stromer ebike can be , that ues some owners do get lucky and rode them for years w/o issues and the fact the most buyers of this brand are ego driven when purchasing it b/c the fact is they have no clue or the time to learn about the inner workings of ebikes, battery technology or the quality brands that do not have issues.

Want an unbreakable ebike :
- Ohm, Riese&M. BH EASY motion, Aurora , Bulls, Tern, Magnum, Haibike

To Buy headaches :

- Stromers, treks, Specialized and a few others...
A Shop selling this brands should post a big sign :
Warning : this ebikes may have serious mechanical/battery/components issues !!

Another ridiculous take.

Ohm sold bikes with Bioonx motors. Bionx is now out of business. Their owners are stuck wth motors that can't be serviced or replaced.

RM: outrageously overpriced for what you got. Sloppy suspension, 20 mph max top speed. Boring to ride.

Magnum: generic, low-tech, cheap e-bikes with cadence sensors. Mediocre value.

Haibike is an also ran in the emtb market. Bulls bikes are a bit nicer but not a great value.

BH and EM show up regularly on crazylennys website as closeouts.

You've done a nice roundup of the dregs and also-rans of the e-bike market lol. Indestructible? Not so much.

Another ridiculous take.

Ohm sold bikes with Bioonx motors. Bionx is now out of business. Their owners are stuck wth motors that can't be serviced or replaced.

RM: outrageously overpriced for what you got. Sloppy suspension, 20 mph max top speed. Boring to ride.

Magnum: generic, low-tech, cheap e-bikes with cadence sensors. Mediocre value.

Haibike is an also ran in the emtb market. Bulls bikes are a bit nicer but not a great value.

BH and EM show up regularly on crazylennys website as closeouts.

You've done a nice roundup of the dregs and also-rans of the e-bike market lol. Indestructible? Not so much.

I agree with all points except the BH
CL is a big dealer , this is a very reliable company (BH/Easy motion) and he probably ordered many of them and also those that are on the close outs are 2-3years old models !

BH is easily the leader ,( is the opposite of Stromer )but since They are also not cheap (3-5k) other ebikes sell more.

If you don‘t have one , I highly suggest you get a BH.

5year warranty, 2yr on battery. Gteat dealer and tech support if needed.
The Atom X or the gravel ebike from Lenny’s is a great value, you should get it before is gone.

Oh and with R&M- if it were 2-3k less it would have been nr. 1seller. Otherwise way too pricey-11k for a high end ebike ? Why not 13.5k and get the Specialized Creo.

We don’t have left too many good (Reliable , great warranty and aFfordable) ebike companies :

Trek, BH , Tern, Gazelle

Mention list:

Giant, Specialized(both need to fix their cracking frames), Radpower, Biktrix, Evelo, R&M(too pricey) , Bulls(from i heard Buls also have serious issues with warranty/dealer support).Nice ebikes but support is imp.

Totally worthless- Juiced, Magnum , Stromer(ALL MODELS).

Last edited:
Great ebike if you can afford it ! I try to stay under 6.5k allthough the new Specialized Creo may get an exception.

I agree with all points except the BH
CL is a big dealer , this is a very reliable company (BH/Easy motion) and he probably ordered many of them and also those that are on the close outs are 2-3years old models !

BH is easily the leader ,( is the opposite of Stromer )but since They are also not cheap (3-5k) other ebikes sell more.

If you don‘t have one , I highly suggest you get a BH.

5year warranty, 2yr on battery. Gteat dealer and tech support if needed.
The Atom X or the gravel ebike from Lenny’s is a great value, you should get it before is gone.

Oh and with R&M- if it were 2-3k less it would have been nr. 1seller. Otherwise way too pricey-11k for a high end ebike ? Why not 13.5k and get the Specialized Creo.

We don’t have left too many good (Reliable , great warranty and aFfordable) ebike companies :

Trek, BH , Tern, Gazelle

Mention list:

Giant, Specialized(both need to fix their cracking frames), Radpower, Biktrix, Evelo, R&M(too pricey) , Bulls(from i heard Buls also have serious issues with warranty/dealer support).Nice ebikes but support is imp.

Totally worthless- Juiced, Magnum , Stromer(ALL MODELS).

Again, you're being ridiculous. None of us have any access to systematic data on repair and failure rates, just anecdotal snippets here and there on the web.

Giant has had additional problems with their Yamaha motors: namely, pulsing motors when you rest your foot on the pedal. Not dangerous, but a strange glitch nonetheless. FLX and Specialized owners have both reported broken frames.

You're going to get stories about frame and component failures. These things happen with all bikes. Back in the day, ti frames were supposed to be the magic frame material: it was supposed to offer a magic carpet ride and be "indestructible" as you claim. It turns out ti frame failure rates are just as high as any other metal.

Just stop it with these fake lists. No one's buying into it and you're wasting your time blowing a lot of hot air with zero data to back any of it up.

Well, the data on my BH Nitro city with a 31mph top speed , does not lie- 8k miles with zero issues.

As for the others, each should do their VERY careful research before buying. But it should be clear by now on what NOT to buy !

Back