Refund questions

"Colleagues?" "Cohorts?" LOLOL

I'm not part of the IGG, Sonders or Agency 2.0 mafia or anything to do with them or anybody associated with them.

My opinions are my own.

and now there's another crowd sourced sensation on this board somewhere, now where was that thread...???

People never learn! Repeat after me "if it sounds too good to be true..."

At the beginning of the campaign, Storm spoke of charitable donations o storm bikes to worthy causes, yours should have qualified. but it hasn't been mentioned for quite some time, really, I think these bikes would have struggled to satisfy you needs. I assume you are wanting to use electric bikes because they are silent?

I am tired of reading your stupid comment, just shut up, you have nothing invested in this campaign....just go away.....I believe other people are tired of your stupidity....

Hey Anomander... another reading is fundamental moment... do you not realize I am a different person than "PoweredUp," whose prose you just denounced, thinking it was me who posted it?

YOU go away. I'm an active contributing member of this forum, and for far longer than you. You've done very little but toss out insults and I'm tired of reading them. Seriously, go spew your vileness elsewhere.

Actually she is a very respected, senior member of the community. Even if you disagree with her, which I have in the past, please be nice about it!

There was nothing in her posts to elicit that response. :)
+1

As far as I am concerned,
people claiming they invested in Sondors does not automatically make it true.

On a possibly related note, sometimes I see questions asked along the lines of: "Did you contribute to the campaign?" Or, on other threads: "Do you even own an e-bike?"

Why do we ask this? Bike ownership does not automatically instill wisdom, nor does the lack of ownership (or contribution) negate the significance of someone's posts.

Valuable contributions can come from anywhere.

The posts were removed. I'll either take that as silent recognition from the poster that he was wrong or good moderation.

Instead of bickering I'd love to see people discuss the issues at hand. Namely, in this case, is it possible to get a refund and should you try to get one at this juncture or later. These are all valid questions, and each person will have his/her own perspective about it. I hope the OP expands on his thought process and on any administrative or legal actions he has taken. It could be useful not only for this CF campaign but for others as well.

Quick update. I sent my first email to Sondors & Co. a few weeks ago. At that time I listed all of the concerns I had with the campaign. Their reply ignored all but two items: the fact that (at that time) there had been no evidence that anything was being manufactured, despite the promise that we'd have our ebikes on the doorstep in less than a month. They said "Don't worry, everything is on schedule and we'll send proof soon". Starting manufacture at the end of May is not the same thing as the ebikes on our doorsteps and is therefore not "on schedule". But at least we got the proof.

Second issue was shipping and UPS in Canada. I gave them a couple of suggestions to deal with the issue. I was told they'd look into it. Nothing further. I found a UPS fee calculator for Canada, the estimate was that they'll charge us $100 at the door in additional (illegal) brokerage fees. That adds up to over $400 CAD in shipping costs just for the ebike. I also bought a spare battery, which will add more fees. Sondors clearly stated that they intend to charge all customers additional fees for shipping the Lithium batteries, so watch for the announcement.

They did not answer my question "can I get a refund or not?" I sent them another message to get a straight answer about three days ago. No response yet.

Since my credit card company is only giving me until mid-June to request a chargeback, I'll be calling to initiate one this later this week, if I get no reply from Sondors by then.

I wonder how many people are waiting for their refund sitting in an endless spiral of waiting for Greg Dawson to actually deliver his promises. SPEC PR and Greg Dawson is not doing a good job of managing the Sondors campaign.

On a possibly related note, sometimes I see questions asked along the lines of: "Did you contribute to the campaign?" Or, on other threads: "Do you even own an e-bike?"

Why do we ask this? Bike ownership does not automatically instill wisdom, nor does the lack of ownership (or contribution) negate the significance of someone's posts.

Valuable contributions can come from anywhere.

Well said Steve. Much of the Sondors thread have a lot of very informative info and many intelligent contributors.

I wonder how many people are waiting for their refund sitting in an endless spiral of waiting for Greg Dawson to actually deliver his promises. SPEC PR and Greg Dawson is not doing a good job of managing the Sondors campaign.

From the point of view of Ivars & Co. Mr Dawson is actually doing a bang-up job. He was hired to do customer relations: deflect customer concerns, not to address them or hand out refunds. That's why refund requests are being stonewalled without a reply. Anyone who is serious about a refund will likely have to go through their credit card company, or Paypal if they're lucky.

Re "endless" spiral. Nothing is endless. *If* this Sondors project does turn out to be a scam and thousands are ripped off, that might be the abrupt end to any spiral. Also, if you're already concerned about the legitimacy of this campaign, it would be less stressful to lower your expectations, make some popcorn and just sit back to watch what happens next. You may end up coming to the unexpected conclusion that things not as bad as you feared.

Re "endless" spiral. Nothing is endless. *If* this Sondors project does turn out to be a scam and thousands are ripped off, that might be the abrupt end to any spiral. Also, if you're already concerned about the legitimacy of this campaign, it would be less stressful to lower your expectations, make some popcorn and just sit back to watch what happens next. You may end up coming to the unexpected conclusion that things not as bad as you feared.
YES!! A healthy way to deal...

ok, why is Greg Dawson approving refund requests? Why is gosondors having Greg handle refunds at all? If Greg chief concern is AD campaigns then why has the revenue fallen by 90% and his campaign says the sondors campaign has sold more than 2-3 times more bike than large manufacturers do in a year. Clearly something is quite wrong with this campaign. Greg dawson has told many people their refund requests have been approved and waiting in a imaginary cue. I find your comment above HULK to not be really believable, especially having prior communication with Greg Dawson. If he is not the Go To guy for refunds then why is his name being referred to as the guy to go to?

Oh and things are as bad as I feared, because the Sondors campaign has told me my order has been cancelled due to my request for a refund and it has been approved and sitting in limbo awaiting in a cue.

So here is the net result, No bike, and no refund from SPEC PR ie Greg Dawson.

ok, why is Greg Dawson approving refund requests? Why is gosondors having Greg handle refunds at all? If Greg chief concern is AD campaigns then why has the revenue fallen by 90% and his campaign says the sondors campaign has sold more than 2-3 times more bike than large manufacturers do in a year. Clearly something is quite wrong with this campaign. Greg dawson has told many people their refund requests have been approved and waiting in a imaginary cue. I find your comment above HULK to not be really believable, especially having prior communication with Greg Dawson. If he is not the Go To guy for refunds then why is his name being referred to as the guy to go to?

Oh and things are as bad as I feared, because the Sondors campaign has told me my order has been cancelled due to my request for a refund and it has been approved and sitting in limbo awaiting in a cue.
The campaign has run it's course of hype and it's done! Follow this advise:

Greg dawson has told many people their refund requests have been approved and waiting in a imaginary cue. I find your comment above HULK to not be really believable, especially having prior communication with Greg Dawson. If he is not the Go To guy for refunds then why is his name being referred to as the guy to go to?

So here is the net result, No bike, and no refund from SPEC PR ie Greg Dawson.

Welcome to the roller coaster of lies and broken promises that is The Ivars Dog & Pony Show. I guess you haven't been following each episode since February - when we were all being promised wonderful quality ebikes to arrive on our doorsteps in May 2015. We were promised, guaranteed in fact, that their quoted shipping costs would be "MUCH less" after end of scampaign "refunds". Now, after being told for months that the first people who paid would be the first to receive - that's gone the direction of all the other promises from these crooks. Those are just samples of the b.s. that's been forked out.

You think it's strange that I'd tell you one story of my email exchange with TIDPS, while others tell a different one? That's just a symptom of Ivars & Co.'s shoddy business practice and inexcusable treatment of their customers.

Greg Dawson didn't climb into the clown car until recently after their original PR firm sued them for non-payment. Some unlucky schmoes get their refund requests ignored. Others get to play the limbo game "we cancelled your order, but you're not getting your money back either." And the joyful spectacle continues. Wait till these things arrive (assuming they ever do) and the first people start getting injured or killed by faulty cheap product and uncertified batteries. Believe me, there's a LOT that can go wrong when an inexperienced rider tries to drive a faulty vehicle on city streets.

Based on the above track record, I'm amused that you'd actually accuse ME of lying. But don't worry, I don't take it personally. :) I have nothing to gain from lying about my experience with them.

Also, I've got far better things to do. Like playing with the new toy I bought recently, when it became obvious that the ebike I bought to ride this summer won't materialize any time soon.

Back