Reention Dorado 48V 24AH from GBK?

YBITZ

Region
USA
Has anyone purchased batteries from www.greenbikekit.com? I see this battery
Which is 48V, 24AH (Samsung INR 21700 50E), for $428, which seems unbelievably low.

That is before shipping it looks like so add to that figure, at least another c note?

I bought 15ah 21700 cell batteries in both 52 and 48v in a hard case proprietary to my bike 6 months ago for a little over $325 ea. air shipped from Shenzhen. Most recent purchase was a custom 20Ah 21700 52v soft shell battery with a smart BMS for another project and that was $350 shipped.

I have been buying batteries out of China for the last 10yrs and the prices have going nowhere but down and the quality up in that time. My first was a duct tape 12Ah LiFePo4 battery that was around $500 IIRC. My first 21700 cell battery was a 52v 15Ah Hailong style case that was over $600 shipped also IIRC. Going back even further to the NiMh battery days they were really expensive and had other issues that Li batteries ultimately did away with.

However I do note that the proprietary BMS manufacturer type batteries are much more expensive. A 720wh, 20Ah, Specialized battery is around $1400 as an example. So in contrast to that yes, the price you quote does sound unbelievably low.

Back