Reention Dorado 17ah 48v charger led goes green always

For anyone stumbling on this thread in the future. If the following applies to you.

Your Reention dorado has an on/off functionality.
The battery will not turn on unless you connect the charger to the charging port.
The on/off switch does not turn off the battery.

The problem may be that the on/off switch has a cable and that cable might have come loose.

On the battery that came with my amego (ncm/magnum/ whatever it's the same) bike, I just had to remove the 4 screws holding the front cover and the cable was loose and stuck in some silicon glue. Unlike the Pictures in this post, mine was considerably neater, the wires were even ziptied and the cable in question was terminated to a connector. There were 2 3pin connectors, one of which was covered with silicon glue. I connected it to the one which was blocked with silicon glue after removing the excess and now my battery is back to normal.

If you turned the battery on, remove it from the bike and leave it for a couple of hours till the display turns off just to be safe. I put some sugru I had laying around ontop as the connector is flimsy and hopefully that keeps it stable.

See replacement thread for replacement LED.

One suspicion I have about mine is that one cell group might have a bad cell and is under voltage and therefore so far out of balance the BMS isn't accepting a charge. I'll be checking each group to see if things are in balance as a first step on mine. This is what seems to happen over time to my Makita and Ryobi cordless tool packs, will discharge, won't recharge.
Plugging and unplugging repeatedly and will get the light to change and those batteries to charge. Usually the charge is not great but if you do only small jobs like sawing one plank and putting in a few screws, good for ten more years.

For anyone stumbling on this thread in the future. If the following applies to you.

Your Reention dorado has an on/off functionality.
The battery will not turn on unless you connect the charger to the charging port.
The on/off switch does not turn off the battery.

The problem may be that the on/off switch has a cable and that cable might have come loose.

On the battery that came with my amego (ncm/magnum/ whatever it's the same) bike, I just had to remove the 4 screws holding the front cover and the cable was loose and stuck in some silicon glue. Unlike the Pictures in this post, mine was considerably neater, the wires were even ziptied and the cable in question was terminated to a connector. There were 2 3pin connectors, one of which was covered with silicon glue. I connected it to the one which was blocked with silicon glue after removing the excess and now my battery is back to normal.

If you turned the battery on, remove it from the bike and leave it for a couple of hours till the display turns off just to be safe. I put some sugru I had laying around ontop as the connector is flimsy and hopefully that keeps it stable.
I remember Amego bought up all the bikes and batteries when ebike stores in N.America were going bankrupt and then they had batteries lying in the basement for years. So the battery could have come from any of the businesses that went broke.

Back