Rear wheel removal advice needed - Aventon Pace 500

Region
USA
City
Connecticut’
Aventon replaced the rear wheel on my Pace 500 due to a failed speed sensor. I tried to remove the old wheel but I'm unable to. I put the chain on the smallest rear sprocket, disconnected the motor cable, unscrewed the nuts until they were very loose, and expected the wheel to drop so that I could remove the chain and unscrew the strap holding the motor cable. I noticed that the anti-turn washers are quite tight, and I couldn't push them away to release the wheel.

I looked but couldn't find any videos or instructions on removing the rear wheel, so am turning to the forum for help. Thank you in advance for considering my problem and helping me out.

If you tap the washers lightly with a suitable tool, they should loosen. Or make a note of how the washers go on the axle on both sides, and remove the nuts, Don't they have to come off anyway to go on the new wheel?

If you tap the washers lightly with a suitable tool, they should loosen. Or make a note of how the washers go on the axle on both sides, and remove the nuts, Don't they have to come off anyway to go on the new wheel?
Thanks Harry. I'll give that a try. To answer your question - Aventon sent the new wheel with all new washers.

Back