Aventon Pace 500 Motor issue

jmc670

Region
USA
Hey all,

Purchased 2 Aventon Pace 500 back in Feb of this year. So far have put around 50 miles and has been fun until recent. Today, I noticed when having pedal assist on, I have been getting noticeable jolts or kicks when pedal assist activates. The transition has was not smooth. Using the throttle was not smooth either but the jolt is felt more in pedal assist. Checking on my wife's bike, the transition is smooth in both throttle and pedal assist. Note that both bikes are throttle on demand with the new updated controller/firmware. After getting home, I checked all parts of the bike. I tried to spin the wheel with my hand but it spins then stops as if something is preventing from free spinning. It also sounds like a roller coaster being pulled by the chain in a lower tone. Checking against my wife's bike, the rear wheel spins freely and there is no sound coming from the motor.

I'm not able to attach the files since the M4A extension is not supported. I have provided a google drive link below. Hope this is allowed. One sound is spinning the wheel by hand and the 2nd sound is spinning the wheel with the pedal. This was done with the battery removed and motor wire disconnected. Hoping someone knows and can share what the issue could be. I will be contacting Aventon about this.

Back