Rear wheel compatability between the Pace 500 and Level?

rhh1272

Region
USA
I've been riding and loving my Pace 500 v1 for about a year now. However, I recently hit a big pot hole which seems to have messed up the hub motor. It now makes a griding sound when it is engaged, and prevents the rear wheel from spinning backwards.

I'd like to order a replacement complete rear wheel through aventon, but they're out of stock for the Pace 500.

Looking at Aventons comparison page, it shows the Pace 500 and Level having the same motor and tire size.

Would this mean their tires are compatible? Could I order a Level complete rear wheel (which is in stock) and have it work on my Pace 500?

Hi there, to confirm our rear wheels are specific to each model. A Level rear wheel is not compatible with a Pace 500. If you need further assistance please contact us at [email protected].

Can you elaborate more on the difference between the two wheels? When you say they are not compatible does that mean it flat out won't work, or it just won't work as intended/designed? Would a Pace V2 rear wheel work on a V1 bike?

Perhaps they have changed a connector on one model or the other...? Just speculating as to why the wheels might be "model specific."

Can you elaborate more on the difference between the two wheels? When you say they are not compatible does that mean it flat out won't work, or it just won't work as intended/designed? Would a Pace V2 rear wheel work on a V1 bike?
the Pace 500, Pace 500.2, Level, and Level.2 rear wheels are functionally compatible however there are visual/cosmetic differences in the various versions. Mainly the rim shape is different between some of the models.

the Pace 500, Pace 500.2, Level, and Level.2 rear wheels are functionally compatible however there are visual/cosmetic differences in the various versions. Mainly the rim shape is different between some of the models.

Thank you for the response. Just to make sure I completely understand, all four of those models you mention will function the same but the rims have different shape and some other cosmetic differences? Or is a Pace 500 and a Pace 500.2 functionally compatible, and a Level and a Level.2 functionally compatible? If it came down to being able to use my bike or not, I would be completely fine using a different looking wheel as long as it had similar performance, was plug and play and would not damage other components.

So I can order a Level 2 wheel from the company and it will work on my Level1.. What is the difference if there is any?
Thanks

Has anyone installed a Pace 500.2 rear wheel on a Pace 500.1 bike? Were there any issues? Did the 500.2 wheel have 12 gage spokes?

Back