Readme: "For Sale" Guidelines and FAQ

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
The vision of this "For Sale" section of the forum is for ebike owners to sell their used bikes, accessories and parts. For example, if someone is parting out an old electric bike they may post about it here for free and they may quote prices.

Posting replies is not allowed on threads in this section. If you're interested in buying something, please privately message the seller about it. If you think the price isn't fair, just ignore it :)

Shops and brands should post their bikes, accessories, sales and promotions in the dealer section here. Please, do not use bold or colored fonts and avoid other spammy communication styles.

Got a question or clarification? Reply below and I'll respond with an answer :)

FAQ:
  • Q: What do I do with my post if my used bike/accessories are sold in the forum or elsewhere?
  • A: Please delete your old thread or update the title to say (Sold). I reserve the right to delete older inactive posts as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
The vision of this "For Sale" section of the forum is for ebike owners to sell their used bikes, accessories and parts. For example, if someone is parting out an old electric bike they may post about it here for free and they may quote prices.

Shops may also post here if they have used models or demo bikes that are being sold off from previous seasons. Please, do not use bold or colored fonts and avoid other spammy communication styles. In addition, shops may post one thread introducing their business, sharing the location and brands that they carry. Shops may not quote current prices publicly, suggest that they will beat other shops on prices or spam users by contacting them uninitiated. If complaints are filed I will follow up directly and said shop may be banned by IP which would mean they would not even be able to read the forum. If shops are looking for exposure through ElectricBikeReview.com consider the local listing product I've developed in combination with ElectricBikeReport.com here.

FAQ:
  • Q: How should shops behave in this forum?
    A: Make a signature for yourself that communicates who you are and what your shop is called... proceed to help users and enjoy the community. If someone approaches you about buying a bike, take that conversation private. Do not post prices or deals in the forum here or in any branded section.

• Q: What do I do with my post if my used bike/accessories are sold in the forum or elsewhere?
    A: Please delete your old thread or update the title to say (Sold). I reserve the right to delete older inactive posts as well.

Hello,
I am new to this forum. I am trying to sell my wife's Motiv Electric Bike. Can anyone tell me what it may be worth? Its two years old and
just had a tune up...runs great. 36V battery. We posted it at 995.00 any advise?
Thanks, Robert

Shops and brands should post their bikes, accessories, sales and promotions in the dealer section here. Please, do not use bold or colored fonts and avoid other spammy communication styles.

FAQ:
  • A: Please delete your old thread or update the title to say (Sold). I reserve the right to delete older inactive posts as well.

You can't delete (at least I can't find) the original post. Nor can I find a way to change the TITLE.
I can delete other responses I've posted, but the "delete" choice is not there on the original post under editing.

@MLB, If you edit your title and add the word 'SOLD' to it, I will come through and do the delete. Don't think you can delete a thread but I'm glad to do that once you're done with the listing. If the price needs to be changed in a title and you're not sure how to do that, again just send me a PM, we'll take care of that for you :).

@MLB, If you edit your title and add the word 'SOLD' to it, I will come through and do the delete. Don't think you can delete a thread but I'm glad to do that once you're done with the listing. If the price needs to be changed in a title and you're not sure how to do that, again just send me a PM, we'll take care of that for you :).
Great work Ann, thanks for chiming in to help MLB :)

may I suggest to add in the title the geographic area?

in this way buyers may filter much quicker

Last edited:
Back