Raleigh Sprite ie troubles updates

Robertchouinard

Like i told in my last post, after having troubles with the controller and now with the motor on my new Raleigh Sprite ebike,
The dealer just informed me that they are still waiting for Raleigh about the decisions about my bike. Today is day 15 and still no news from Raleigh. The dealer explain to me that Raleigh has closed the department dealing with that type of customer setvices and that Raleigh would no longer deal with bike bought in Canada.... Now the dealer is proposing me to do an exchange of bike to solve the problem. NOT FUN!!!!!!

I have had my Retroglide for over a year now with no troubles. It seems your dealer is doing the best he can to get you taking care of and this is exactly why I bought mine at a local dealer instead of online direct. If it was me, I would bite the bullet and get a new bike and trade in the old one. Once something starts making me mad, I just want to get rid of it. It sounds like you need a new motor now and Raleigh should take care of that. it's unfortunate that your going to have to wait a little bit. Raleigh was sold off to a new distributor so it's going to take some time for the new guys to be up and running. I'n the end, I think you will get taking care of so it's a waiting game now if you decide to keep it.

MarkF thank you very much for your feed back and additional infos. I am waiting to see what the dealer gonna offer me for trade. Apparently there is a couple options for bikes. If not, then i will have to be very patient!

Yes the bike is under warranty. i bought it this year in April. But Raleigh is going into major changes now and when the dealer where i bought the bike has tried to have Raleigh take decisions and actions towards
My troubles with the bike, it took weeks everytime. Now i just learned that they have agree to send a new motor to the dealer. This is after 15 days of hassling to get services from Raleigh. I did complain about their customer services to Raleigh but never received any reply from them. The new motor will be cover from the warranty but the labour to change and install the new motor is not cover by the warranty. It is to the discretion of the dealer to take care of it or to share the cost with the customer.... SERIOUSLY, MY LAST RALEIGH BIKE!!!!

Well, this rules out the Misceo and Sprite lol. Thanks!

Sorry about your troubles, btw, OP. Would you mind updating us with the resolution you ended up receiving? Mostly out of curiosity, but if Raleigh ended up coming through for you, it might change my mind back.

Hello breadfan85,
So i never heard from Raleigh... I end up trading the Sprite for a Izip path plus E3 2018, a lighter bike with Shimano Steps and better ranges, etc, so it was a better deal. Many thanks to Goldstream bikes!!!!!!
But i will tell you this, it took me a while to ajust to the new bike, because the Raleigh Sprite was more agressif with the Transx motor, there was instant strong power, and yes better to go up sharp hills. The down side that come with that is low ranges. With the new bike I can do over 118km by charge...
So good luck with your search!!!! And yes I like very much the Izip!!!!!

Back