rail trails across USA

I assume that it is unusual for a bike to be impounded or it would not be worth putting on the nightly news, so I assume the rider did something wrong. Good luck to you, and enjoy your ride.

This video and this link might force a rethink on how to ride across Washington...

I like the idea of cutting north from Ellensburg and over the Coluckum Divide and crossing the Columbia River in Wenatchee...

This video and this link might force a rethink on how to ride across Washington...

I like the idea of cutting north from Ellensburg and over the Coluckum Divide and crossing the Columbia River in Wenatchee...
Watched that a couple weeks ago and recognized my old stomping grounds--up Douglas Creek. Boy, has that road deteriorated! I think they must've rode up the Rock Island Grade or maybe the Blue Grade to get up from Wenatchee to the top of Douglas Cr. Then down it, up Moses Coulee and on south to hit the railroad trail.

There are no plug ins handy for much of their route.

It's a very good video though.

Watched that a couple weeks ago and recognized my old stomping grounds--up Douglas Creek. Boy, has that road deteriorated! I think they must've rode up the Rock Island Grade or maybe the Blue Grade to get up from Wenatchee to the top of Douglas Cr. Then down it, up Moses Coulee and on south to hit the railroad trail.

There are no plug ins handy for much of their route.

It's a very good video though.
Wish someone could post a map of that route. I´m familiar with some of it, but missing a few stretches. I´m
a busted up old rounder, but I´d like to try a supported electric version. I´m looking at the Mount Hood loop
as well. Whose for taking a ride?

Wish someone could post a map of that route. I´m familiar with some of it, but missing a few stretches. I´m
a busted up old rounder, but I´d like to try a supported electric version. I´m looking at the Mount Hood loop
Here ya go:

Note that the route in the video was not the same. I think it is interesting to me because it points out some interesting ways you could produce a good cross-state biking route without depending on the Beverly Bridge and some of the difficult stretches in far eastern WA.

In particular if you have extra batteries an Ellensburg - Wenatchee - Ephrata - Ritzville route looks doable. From Ritzville you could either go through Cheney and take the Centennial Trail through Spokane or reconnect with the Palouse to Cascades route.

Either your relatives don't want to see you or they hate e bikes or believe anything. There are no confiscation laws in Ohio. I poke my nose in a lot of places and my bike stands out like a sore thumb. They are selling tons of e bikes in this area. I biked 42 miles today between Akron and Massillon.
I never throttle, I always pedal. My throttle is programed for 400 watts max and 16 mph max.
What a nasty and rude comment.

Personal attacks like that have no place on EBR.
This is a friendly forum.

Please refrain from making personal attacks against other members, thank you.

Those guys in the video, took a very round about way to avoid highways, I think. For example, they added quite a climb in the Wenatchee to Moses Lake bit, by going up onto the Waterville Plateau and then back down Douglas Cr. into Moses Coulee, then climbing back up the Three Devils to get out of the Coulee. It's worth it though, to stay off the highways. Makes me wonder if the Palisades Store is open again. That would be a few miles out of the way, but a potential charging up spot. The school, which is next to it, might have an outside outlet.

I would need to get another battery before taking on an expedition. I'm not even sure how far I'd get on one battery. Those climbs are battery suckers.

These are both RV and bike friendly events with open dates across the USA. Most are probably not eBike friendly, but worth checking out.

These are both RV and bike friendly events with open dates across the USA. Most are probably not eBike friendly, but worth checking out. I like the one with a whiskey tour on bikes.

Back