Radwagon accessories for 2 kids

BiscoMaloney

I am thinking about purchasing a radwagon to haul my 2 kids (3 and 6) to school so trying to understand the must have accessories.

I'm planning on using the yepp seat for my 3 year old for just a little longer but wondering if I need the caboose. Is it just better to have the kids riding with handlebars or a similar grab bar in the back? Or does the caboose help in a way that I am not thinking of?

Anyone have any experience with the caboose and if it's a must have? I'm concerned about the size of the caboose and the ease of the kids getting in and out.

Hi there,
I carry my 3.5 year old and my almost 5 year old on a radwagon with a caboose. It works well. Wether you need it for the older kid I think depends a lot on the terrain and the traffic conditions around you.

I got the RadWagon, and got the Caboose with this cheap seat, and PVC pegs

I had a forward seating Yepp on another bike. When I got the Wagon I decided against getting the rear one because the Wagon rack is high to start with, and with the needed adapter it will be even higher. That will make the bike very top heavy.

Then my daughter is just turning 4yo, and I didn't feel comfortable for her to just hold on a handlebar. Maybe a 6yo wouldn't need the Caboose, but for younger kids is a must IMO (unless you are using a restraining seat like the Yepp).

image2.JPG image1 (1).JPG

I got the RadWagon, and got the Caboose with this cheap seat, and PVC pegs

I had a forward seating Yepp on another bike. When I got the Wagon I decided against getting the rear one because the Wagon rack is high to start with, and with the needed adapter it will be even higher. That will make the bike very top heavy.

Then my daughter is just turning 4yo, and I didn't feel comfortable for her to just hold on a handlebar. Maybe a 6yo wouldn't need the Caboose, but for younger kids is a must IMO (unless you are using a restraining seat like the Yepp).

View attachment 18340View attachment 18341
Hi there, was the “cheap seat” you purchased easy to install? How well has it held up?

It's holding up well. But I had to modify it to install it - the distance between the bolts didn't match the opening on the base on the bike.
I removed the upholstery and foam, and made new holes on the seats base to match the bike, then put everything back together.

It wasn't hard, but it wasn't plug and play either.

Back