Radrover pas levels

thanks finerbiner for clarifying that

a little disappointing because it does not sound like i would really like the 2016 much better

are all bafang controllers like this i wonder...
to me it sounds like rad power would change the pas levels if they could , got the impression some people have complained about the quickness etc of the lower pas levels which is why it was changed in 2016..
but maybe not changed enough

going to be interesting to see how this other controller does for me

wonder why the RW would be so different, and wonder if that controller would work on the mini or rover
guess not i think the wagon motor will be different because the rover and mini are specialized fat bike motors right?

Well I got a call back from RPB and they said it's basically working as intended. I didn't put up much of a fight. It doesn't feel like much is wrong and this is my first ebike but I thought to ask since it does create a bit of a torque pull when the motor kicks back on.

I still don't quite understand why in PAS 2, it says 440ish watts, and I am easily getting 17-18mph. It really doesn't feel like I am exerting much effort at all. is it possible for the watt values to be wrong? I suppose on my next ride I'll put it on the easiest gearing and see if it stays around 12mph instead of going to 17-18. Eventhough it feels the same to pedal, maybe it really is the case that going from 13mph to 18mph is a lot easier for a rider than going from 0 to 13mph.

Jaegee anxious to hear if you get a different result with a different gear etc
Maybe you are just way stronger than you think lol

I went ahead and ordered a radmini, will see how it does for me

If i am happy with the CA3 mod on the cemoto and not happy with the new controller from rad power then i may mod all the bikes with cycle analysts....
I like the way the king display looks better but a smooth controlled pas would take precedence over that

jaegee i apologize, think i gave you some misleading info
i did not realize you had a radwagon, thought it was a rover

so that info about the controller being different for 2016 may only apply to the rover, have no idea about the wagon

Well I got a call back from RPB and they said it's basically working as intended. I didn't put up much of a fight. It doesn't feel like much is wrong and this is my first ebike but I thought to ask since it does create a bit of a torque pull when the motor kicks back on.

I still don't quite understand why in PAS 2, it says 440ish watts, and I am easily getting 17-18mph. It really doesn't feel like I am exerting much effort at all. is it possible for the watt values to be wrong? I suppose on my next ride I'll put it on the easiest gearing and see if it stays around 12mph instead of going to 17-18. Eventhough it feels the same to pedal, maybe it really is the case that going from 13mph to 18mph is a lot easier for a rider than going from 0 to 13mph.

You should try riding the bike in PAS1 when on flat ground. I often do and can still maintain 20mph. I use 2 or throw in a burst of throttle when starting at a light or going up a long hill. I live right in the mountains in Colorado springs and I still get 25 miles on a charge this way.
I've had it in PAS 4 or 5 maybe twice. It is just too much

Back