RadRover handlebars

It's clamped on. I added some ridges inside to keep it from rotating. Plus made it narrower, 12mm, so the throttle is still usable.

I'm not sure how yours can clamp on and not slip. We tried that method as well (clamp over & ridges that paired up with the grooves in the throttle) and it would still under anything other than light pressure. Def. not acceptable for something to sell on the mass market. Could be used on a personal level.

We went with the custom velcro straps because there shouldn't be any slip. Our half moon design also creates added tension as well which further makes our grips nearly impossible to slip up.

But end of the day - 3D printing is great stuff. Actually for our product we had a VERY hard time finding a manufacture that could injection mold. The cost of it was near $50k just in tooling to make it work. A 3D print is a fraction of the cost. However it takes longer to 3D print vs injection molding.

My design actually started out to be used with a Velcro strap. I had some issues getting the support material out of it. I have a duel extrusion printer but I printed it in ABS so could not use PVA with it. I printed it sideways. The way I designed it it was to clamp on and also use a strap but I tried it without the strap and it works perfect. I have used it for over 60 miles that way so far it did not slip once. The ends that were to hold the strap actually hold it on really nice. I flared them out a bit to give it strength and it seemed to work great. I got lucky, it just ended up being a good design in the end I suppose. i:)i

I posted a picture of the CAD rendering and photo of it on another post.

I was actually thinking of printing them for people but never had the time, it takes about an hour to print my throttle from what I remember.

As I posted before I also printed power caps, a USB cap and a bracket for my rear light. Had to use nylon bridge for the plugs.

Your design looks really nice.

Hello all. Also looking to customize my handlebars. Barkme are those trekking bars still working well for you? What handlebar bore size does the radwagon accept? I ordered the 31.8mm thinking that'd be the case but I'm not sure. My wagon is in the post and I'm already ordering a bunch of personal touch parts. Thanks.

I decided I wanted to sit completely upright and put on both an adjustable handlebar stem and a 5 inch rise, 27 .75 length Sunlight handlebar on. It was an interesting project and took me about 2 hours. The hardest part was getting the handlebar grips on and off. At one point I thought about just cutting them off but the one on the right with the throttle is a shorter one and would be both more expensive and harder to get a replacement. I had to unwrap all the spiral wrap and reroute 1 wire. The only item that wouldn't reach properly is the 3 button controller. I now have to take my left hand off the grip to push on it. A little hassle, but it's not like I'm constantly making changes to the LCD display. The handlebars are wider and I do like the fact that I get extra leverage on the heavy front wheel. View attachment 6697

I love the handlebars except I'd really like them to be more swept back, as they say. More chopper-like. Anyone know of a model that would work? I am 6'4" and currently, I'm practically laying down on the bike, I have to lean so far down.

Back