RADMINI-Stock speed upgrade?

redhotlava

Hey all,

Brand spanking new to the e-bike realm and just purchased a 2018 Radmini.

I'm sure this has been addressed before, but I can't seem to find any other answers so here it goes:

- Is there anything else that can be done as a stock bike to upgrade or allow it to go faster short of changing the max KMPH to 40?
- Tire size change in the console at all?
- If you have one and have made any mods, what's the max speed you've achieved on a flat run?

MANY THANKS!

Yep, thanks thank you as I did see that but didn't know if there was another adjustment, say with the tire size, to squeeze out another MPH or two while it's stock.

Changing max KMPH to 40 is the best you can do with the stock controller/console. You can always pedal faster to go faster, but after a certain point the motor is no longer helping you - it's just along for the ride.

I played around with different tire (wheel) size settings in the console on my RadMini, trying to increase the max speed on throttle alone (no pedaling). Doing so changes the displayed road speed (MPH or KPH) but does not affect the actual max road speed allowed by the software. I think it must be reading and limiting the max motor RPM and doesn't really care what tire size is fitted. With a hub motor, the only practical way to increase max speed (on motor alone) is to install a larger diameter rear wheel/tire on the bike, thereby altering the final drive ratio.

The other possibility is to fit a motor controller that allows a higher max motor RPM. This is discussed in other threads on this Forum.

Changing tire setting help avoiding engine cut out when true speed exceeds 40km/h. Downhill, bigger wheels, higher voltage, fast pedaling etc.

Good deal, thanks for the replies guys. Looking forward to getting this thing and getting my first runs in with it :)

Back