RadMini Rear Rack Trunk - Help

PortPerryBob

Hello,

I have a 2019 RadMini and really like it. When I ordered the bike, I also ordered the rear rack from Rad Power Bikes. At present, I have a pair of Ortleib panniers (BTW, since the RadMini rear rack is made with 20 mm tubing, if you are considering after market panniers, Ortleib offers a kit to retro fit their panniers that have the QL-2 mounting system, for this size tubing), and they work great, but now I would like to get a rack trunk that would fit the Mini. Now, I want to keep the rack and do not want to modify it in any way. I know that MRI Denver offers a bracket to allow for the use of a Topeak bag, but this is a very expensive option (I live in Canada and the shipping, duties and exchange rate all work together to put this out of reach for me). So, does anyone know of a rack trunk (and preferably had experience with one) that works on the Radmini? Thanks in advance for any help you may be able to offer.

Is buying the velcro version of the Topeak bag an option? That's what I did... I went with the Rad rear rack and the velcro version of the the Topeak trunk bag.

Is buying the velcro version of the Topeak bag an option? That's what I did... I went with the Rad rear rack and the velcro version of the the Topeak trunk bag.
Thank you for your suggestion. I have only see the velcro version of the Topeak trunk and when I looked at my Radmini's rack, I couldn't envision how the front facing velcro strap could fit onto it. I have seen a similar bag by Rockbros which looks to be an exact copy of the Topeak, but is much more easily available to me, but again, I don't see how it would attach in a secure manner to my rack. Would you be able to post a photo of your setup if it is not too much trouble. If you are unable to post a photo, I'm sure someone else may be able to do it. Thanks again for your suggestion: I will keep it in mind and check out the Topeak in detail.

I don't have a mini, I have a RadRover and the velcro version of the bag connects fine. I looked at the differences between the 2 racks and I still think it would work but you may need some extra velcro strips to extend the reach since the mini's rear rack doesn't have that bar at the very front of the rack.

I don't have a mini, I have a RadRover and the velcro version of the bag connects fine. I looked at the differences between the 2 racks and I still think it would work but you may need some extra velcro strips to extend the reach since the mini's rear rack doesn't have that bar at the very front of the rack.
Thank you for looking at the racks for me. You are right about the cross piece at the forward end of the RadMini's rack. Perhaps your suggestion about adding longer pieces of Velcro to the ones at the front of the rack trunk will work. Again, thanks for your help. I think I will wait to see if there are other rack trunks that people are using on their Minis and make my decision later.

Back