Radmini 3rd party rear rack and fenders

quazimootoo

I was able to find a rear rack that accommodates the 20x4 tire size and has similar mounting brackets. It cost me $60 along with $18 for installation at my local bike store. The advantage of this rack over the original is that the tubes themselves are not as wide, so you can actually use standard bags/panniers on your rack without relying on velcro or zipties. Another nice thing is that the bags can be placed further back so you are less likely to hit your foot on a bag/pannier.

I also found front and rear fenders that could be cut and molded to fit the Radmini. I bought the front and rear for about $44 total. I think the fenders look a bit funky but $44 is much cheaper than the ~$150 for the fenders Rad Power Bikes sell, and I'll take funky over an empty wallet.

If you know any cheaper 3rd party rear rack/fender solutions for the Radmini, please post here, this is the best I've found so far.

When I looked for a rear bag that met my needs, it was difficult to find one that did fit the rear rack. The tubes of the rack were of a larger diameter than normal, and most bags did not fit. So replacing the rear rack would open up a lot more bags that could be used.

I tried fenders like that, and found they were basically useless, and a waste of money. I've never had any luck with cheap, or "make due" fenders, poor protection, noisy, always moving out of adjustment, just not worth the headache.
I know all about tight budgets, but sometimes the best value isn't the cheapest.

Does anyone have or know if a Racktime rear rack will fit a Rad Mini 2020? I see this as a great advantage because Racktime has so many bag and basket accessories that can be interchanged without having to unbolt them from the rack as with Rad accessories.

fyi, sharing what i found on another thread for same topic:

I was able to find a rear rack that accommodates the 20x4 tire size and has similar mounting brackets. It cost me $60 along with $18 for installation at my local bike store. The advantage of this rack over the original is that the tubes themselves are not as wide, so you can actually use standard bags/panniers on your rack without relying on velcro or zipties. Another nice thing is that the bags can be placed further back so you are less likely to hit your foot on a bag/pannier.

I also found front and rear fenders that could be cut and molded to fit the Radmini. I bought the front and rear for about $44 total. I think the fenders look a bit funky but $44 is much cheaper than the ~$150 for the fenders Rad Power Bikes sell, and I'll take funky over an empty wallet.

If you know any cheaper 3rd party rear rack/fender solutions for the Radmini, please post here, this is the best I've found so far.
Disappointed with Rad Power bikes at this point. It's now been the better part of a year my wife has had her Radmini folding bike with no luck of getting a factory rear rack. We purchased the bike with the intent of buying the black rack. Because Rad said they were out of stock, we went ahead and signed up with our email addresses to be notified when they were available. Here we are a year later, no emails, no availability "unless you want a orange one". I'll agree it doesn't sound like it should be a big deal, but living in a area of Southern California where there are as many electric bike companies begging for your business as there are cars on the road you should feel comfortable with your purchase, and at this point I feel it's more important to sell as many bikes as they can then taking care of their clients needs to provide a enjoyable experience. As avid bikers I can honestly say doubtful we will purchase from them again. Yes I could purchase her a aftermarket rack, but part of the reason we chose Rad was for the stock add ons available, and she wanted the bike to be all stock, trying to find aftermarket components can be a pain and stressful situation.... Not enjoyable.

Disappointed with Rad Power bikes at this point. It's now been the better part of a year my wife has had her Radmini folding bike with no luck of getting a factory rear rack. We purchased the bike with the intent of buying the black rack. Because Rad said they were out of stock, we went ahead and signed up with our email addresses to be notified when they were available. Here we are a year later, no emails, no availability "unless you want a orange one". I'll agree it doesn't sound like it should be a big deal, but living in a area of Southern California where there are as many electric bike companies begging for your business as there are cars on the road you should feel comfortable with your purchase, and at this point I feel it's more important to sell as many bikes as they can then taking care of their clients needs to provide a enjoyable experience. As avid bikers I can honestly say doubtful we will purchase from them again. Yes I could purchase her a aftermarket rack, but part of the reason we chose Rad was for the stock add ons available, and she wanted the bike to be all stock, trying to find aftermarket components can be a pain and stressful situation.... Not enjoyable.
That's surprising. I ordered a mini ST back in early June along with a rear rack. I knew they weren't shipping the mini until the end of Aug. but they sent me the rack right away. I didn't unpack it yet just in case the whole deal goes south for some reason and I have to return it. Hoping that won't happen.

I just checked the site and the black rack is out of stock again but they have the orange one. I've often found it's best to check regularly rather than counting on sites to "let you know" when stuff comes in.

That's surprising. I ordered a mini ST back in early June along with a rear rack. I knew they weren't shipping the mini until the end of Aug. but they sent me the rack right away. I didn't unpack it yet just in case the whole deal goes south for some reason and I have to return it. Hoping that won't happen.
Yeah, we got the bike right away. Signed up for them to notify us of the rack and never heard back. Looked multiple times and never available, just looked again today and.... Not available lol Very frustrating they never addressed their current customers when they had them in stock. Good luck with your situation, hope all turns out well

Yeah, we got the bike right away. Signed up for them to notify us of the rack and never heard back. Looked multiple times and never available, just looked again today and.... Not available lol Very frustrating they never addressed their current customers when they had them in stock. Good luck with your situation, hope all turns out well

Check your inbox.

I finally gave up on ever being able to buy the proper rack for my RadMini, so I took a chance on one like this in the spring.

It fit almost perfectly and allowed me to attach a large Raleigh rear basket. I doubt it's as strong as RAD's rack, but it holds a ton of stuff and the rack itself is super light. I've attached a photo of it on my bike. You can find them cheaper from different sellers. I just posted the link above for the photo reference. I got mine for about half that price from a different seller in the spring, but that listing is no longer available.

309195758_10159946230646223_3626393679599061674_n.jpg

It's so disappointing that the largest ebike manufacturer in US (or at least the top seller of ebikes) is unable to fulfill orders for accessories in a reasonable (if ever) time frame. After waiting 6 months for Rad to replace the front light attachment to my Rad City 5 Plus suspension fork, I took the advise of forum members and bought a new light and attached it to the existing plug and play cable. When I heard from Rad customer support a few days later (totally by random chance) they sent me a link to the extension cable for their light and offered to reimburse me. However, the cable was not what I needed. I love the Rad City 5 Plus, but no longer a fan of customer support.

Is the JBL on the handlebar to lure some of those ducks on the edge of the shore into your rear basket? Or do you live in Quebec where earbuds are illegal?

Back