Rad Rover Vs VoltBike Yukon 750?

dapope_22

Rad Rover Vs VoltBike Yukon 750?
I've narrowed it down to these 2 bikes and possibly the Juiced Hyper Fat if I see it become available in the 750 Watt version again. Does anyone have any opinions? They seem very similar.

Last edited:
I was looking at the end of last summer and narrowed my choice down to the same two bikes. It really depends on how you will use the ebike to see if the minor details are a plus or minus in the long run. I ended up going with the Radrover for the wife and I.

It was the little extra details at the time that pushed me over the Radrover side like (I was looking at the exact same model in the EBR video):
- larger ergo handgrips for comfort
- more upright riding position for comfort (can ride up-to 27-35 miles)
- 3 bottle cage bosses (two on either side of upper tube near handlebars, one on the front side of downtube)
- larger 180mm front/rear brakes
- a little short stand over height for my wife (she is 4'11") and still fits me at 6'3"
- standard battery pack with a little extra power (about 10-11% more power)
Radrover: 48vX11.6Ah= 556.8 watts
Volt: 48vX10.4Ah= 499.2 watts
- Standard battery tray and very robust 22 amp controller you can just plug in to upgrade the battery pack to a 52v Dolphin from Luna cycles (52vX13.5Ah=702 watts)
- adjustable and lock out on front shocks
- I can adjust the motor cut off speed in 1 km/h increments from around 7 mph and up to 24-25 mph (I'm set to 22 mph)
- The controller delivers max battery power to maintain watts at each PAS level (example: full 750 watts at PAS 5 with 15%-20% battery life)
- I could turn off PAS for zero assist; but, still have the throttle with full 750 watts available
- LCD has USB plug for my smartphone
- the Radrover is a bike with standard ebike components; I can remove parts to make into a regular looking fat bike, remove all the Radrover e-parts to install on a new fat tire (full suspension) bike, plug-n-play replacement e-parts as needed, or upgrade to a mid-drive at anytime.
- I didn't see connection points for an aftermarket rear rack or bottle cage(s) on the Volt bike on the EBR video
- I liked how the cables were ran inside the frame on the Radrover for a cleaner look
- rear neoprene chain slap guard standard
- The Radrover came in different colors (black for me and white for the wife)
- A little worried about warranty repairs and customer service with Volt bike (not a lot of info either way with Volt; but, extremely positive with Rad Power Bikes)

I think I would have been happy with either bike. I just felt for my needs for the next 3-4 years, the Radrover gave me a touch more for the same price point.

Last edited:
I was looking at the end of last summer and narrowed my choice down to the same two bikes. It really depends on how you will use the ebike to see if the minor details are a plus or minus in the long run. I ended up going with the Radrover for the wife and I.

It was the little extra details at the time that pushed me over the Radrover side like (I was looking at the exact same model in the EBR video):
- 3 bottle cage bosses (two on either side of upper tube near handlebars, one on the front side of downtube)
- a little short stand over height for my wife (she is 4'11") and still fits me at 6'3"
- Standard battery tray and very robust 22 amp controller you can just plug in to upgrade the battery pack to a 52v Dolphin from Luna cycles (52vX13.5Ah=702 watts)
- adjustable and lock out on front shocks
- I can adjust the motor cut off speed in 1 km/h increments from around 7 mph and up to 24-25 mph (I'm set to 22 mph)
- The controller delivers max battery power to maintain watts at each PAS level (example: full 750 watts at PAS 5 with 15%-20% battery life)
- I could turn off PAS for zero assist; but, still have the throttle with full 750 watts available
- the Radrover is a bike with standard ebike components; I can remove parts to make into a regular looking fat bike, remove all the Radrover e-parts to install on a new fat tire (full suspension) bike, plug-n-play replacement e-parts as needed, or upgrade to a mid-drive at anytime.
- I didn't see connection points for an aftermarket rear rack or bottle cage(s) on the Volt bike on the EBR video
- I liked how the cables were ran inside the frame on the Radrover for a cleaner look
- A little worried about warranty repairs and customer service with Volt bike (not a lot of info either way with Volt; but, extremely positive with Rad Power Bikes)

I think I would have been happy with either bike. I just felt for my needs for the next 3-4 years, the Radrover gave me a touch more for the same price point.

- adjustable anTd lock out on front shocks

Thank you mrgold35. I do like the fact that the RadRover has a slightly larger battery capacity and has a more upright sitting position. The things I liked about the Yukon limited was that it's battery is integrated in the downtube (although I understand your point about swapping components) and it comes with fenders and rear rack standard on the limited, which is currently on sale. I feel like the pros that you pointed out on the RadRover make a compelling case for this bike and appreciate your comments. Thank you!

The full fenders were not available until this year for my Radrover. I worked out better for me without the full fenders because my platform rack (Saris SuperClamp Freedom 4) has wheel trays and uses a front/rear arm to clamp on top of the fat tires. The full fenders would make it hard to secure the bike on this type of bike rack. You might be stuck with a hanging bike rack, pick-up bed, or a platform rack that secures along the top tube if you have full fenders.

I will mostly be using this bike to ride around the local park and get some exercise and using the motor and pedal assist when my old butt gets too tired. I probably won't be using a bike rack at all. My biggest concerns are comfort, battery life, and overall build quality and customer support. From what I've seen and read the RadRover seems to have the edge, although I'm still interested in the upcoming Juiced HyperFat. That bike might be more than I need, though. Thanks again for your advice and knowledge.

You might want to wait 3 more days and check out the new Sondors X fat bike.

• Price: 799$ base price (LCD+Front suspension included!)
  • Technical details:
    • 48V 17.5Ah Panasonic Lithium Ion Battery Cells
    • Additional Front Suspension available
    • 500W Motor
    • 26” x 4.9” tires
    • Steel Frame

I'm on the preorder list but think I'm going to spend a little extra and get one of the 750 watt bikes I mentioned.

Back