RAD RHINO European Version

Nuno

I have a question regarding the top limit speed that this model has when is sale in Europe Market.

Is it possible to chenge the top speed via LCD screen as the US models? if yes what is the maximum speed that we can go?

For the US equivalent Ebike and via LCD settings is possible to change until 40 km/h the top speed, is the same with european model?

Thanks!

Are there any power and/or throttle restrictions for the European market? That might change the top speed if you can't use a throttle and power is limited to 500 watts or less. No way I can reach 40 km/h pedaling with my Radrover gearing unless I use the throttle (going down hill helps also).

Probably, yes. But you'd have to ask RAD. If you get the answer let us know. :)
They didn t answer... I suspect that is possible but only a european owner can confirm... for US models is possible via LCD settings

I understand that they don t want to answer, I know that the top legal speed. In Europe is 25km, but I want to know from the technical point of view is possible or not. The reason is that I want to use that in a private farm and the legal top speed is not a issue .

I have a question regarding the top limit speed that this model has when is sale in Europe Market.

Is it possible to chenge the top speed via LCD screen as the US models? if yes what is the maximum speed that we can go?

For the US equivalent Ebike and via LCD settings is possible to change until 40 km/h the top speed, is the same with european model?

Thanks!
Hello there!
Yes, it is possible to change the speed limit, if you press and hold the up and down arrows 2 times.

It is possible for sure, you can set the speed from 12km/h to 40km/h.
I have a radrhino and tested it.
in Belgium is max speed for this bike 25km/h

Just tested the top speed on level ground. Was around 35km/h throttle only. Even slightest downhill and you get 37-38...

2019 model eu no possible. Help ...

I have the RadRhino 750W 2019 version

To change the top speed:

1. Long press UP+DOWN buttons to enter the setup menu (Set.1)
2. Long press UP+DOWN buttons again, to see maximum speed: probably 25 km/h (Set.4). The speed will not blink (not adjustable).
3. Long press UP button until you see Set.5 in the top right
4. Long press DOWN button until you see Set.6 in the top right. The max speed setting will blink now (adjustable).
5. Adjust max speed with the UP / DOWN buttons to the required setting, which varies between 12 and 40 km/h
6. Long press MODE button to exit the setup menu

Keep in mind to not increase the max speed setting above the maximum speed limit allowed in your country when using the bike on public roads.
On private terrain: enjoy :)

Hi all I just received my UK Rad Rhino 250 watt
Rad power bikes say I could not get a 750w model owing to uk restrictions .can i boost the top speed in anyway and the throttle only gives walking speed

Strange that they won't sell 750w rhino due to UK restrictions but they just sent me a radwagon which is also 750w.
The main reason I went for radpower was the bigger motor and the throttle so they would have lost out on a sale if they hadn't been willing to send out a 750 model.
The radwagon is the same category as the 750 rhino seems strange that they will send one but not the other.

Heb een radrhino 750W uit 2018 en heb bijna 5000km op de teller en staat ingesteld op 40km max, kan het zo veranderen naar 25km het mag dan wel niet maar mag zoveel niet...

Heb nu ook een nieuwe upgrade kit van Bolton maar daar is een probleem mee, het scherm KT-LCD 8H gaat aan maar zodra ik de powerbutton los laat weer uit, sluit ik het scherm aan die bij de e-bike zit werkt die wel en blijft aan, maar die geeft een errocode 30 door de 35amp controller ....
Dus ik denk dat het kt scherm niet helemaal goed is heb bolton al gemailt maar wacht op antwoord, en de 35amp controller is plug and play alles past, stekker van de kt lcd 8h past maar is zonder draaisluiting.
Dus af geknipt en de originele sluiting er op gezet om uit te proberen maar resultaat blijft het zelfde scherm gaat nog steeds uit....

Attachments

• IMG_20200531_165210.png
    IMG_20200531_165210.png
    902.1 KB · Views: 604
  • IMG_20200531_165217.png
    IMG_20200531_165217.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 570
  • IMG_20200531_184958.jpg
    IMG_20200531_184958.jpg
    186.5 KB · Views: 565
I have the RadRhino 750W 2019 version

To change the top speed:

1. Long press UP+DOWN buttons to enter the setup menu (Set.1)
2. Long press UP+DOWN buttons again, to see maximum speed: probably 25 km/h (Set.4). The speed will not blink (not adjustable).
3. Long press UP button until you see Set.5 in the top right
4. Long press DOWN button until you see Set.6 in the top right. The max speed setting will blink now (adjustable).
5. Adjust max speed with the UP / DOWN buttons to the required setting, which varies between 12 and 40 km/h
6. Long press MODE button to exit the setup menu

Keep in mind to not increase the max speed setting above the maximum speed limit allowed in your country when using the bike on public roads.
On private terrain: enjoy :)

When did you buy your Rad Wagon? I think the 2019 EU version had a bigger motor. The ones that will be shipped in September are 250w.

Just bought the Rad Rhino (so 2020 version ? Or is it still 2019 ?). First thing I did was to put the max speed at 40 km/h (which is 25 mph) but I can hardly get pass 34 km/h (22 mph). Throttle can only propel the ebike around 6 km/h (I tried set 1, 2 and 3).

Can't say if Rad changed the controller, the motor or both Vs the US Rover version.

Range is about 30 miles / 50 km with PAS set at 5 and 60 miles / 90 when it is set at 1.

Back