RackTime Talis Pannier Bag and Trader Joe’s

Recontra

My ride buddy has a RackTime Odin bag on his Trek, but I went with the smaller Talis w/ folding panniers. I was a little worried it might not be big enough. No longer worried. Just got back from Trader Joe’s. Got 30+ pounds of stuff into the bag and panniers, plus my Kryptonite New York LS lock, 6 foot cable, my baseball hat, and, of course, my mask.

Here’s what fit:

1599443637996.jpeg
1599443637996.jpeg

My wife and I frequently grocery shop with our ebikes. Our Ortlieb panniers can hold up to 20L each. It continues to amaze me how much they'll hold!

Edit - The nearest Trader Joe's is ~1 hr away by car. A group in town petitioned them to open a store here. Trader Joe's responded by saying that our little town doesn't fit their "educational demographic", a polite way of saying that as a community we're not well educated enough I suppose...🤣

My wife and I frequently grocery shop with our ebikes. Our Ortlieb panniers can hold up to 20L each. It continues to amaze me how much they'll hold!

Edit - The nearest Trader Joe's is ~1 hr away by car. A group in town petitioned them to open a store here. Trader Joe's responded by saying that our little town doesn't fit their "educational demographic", a polite way of saying that as a community we're not well educated enough I suppose...🤣
Perhaps you might qualify for their budget brand store, Aldi's ;). Same corporation, different demographic.

I didn't know that but it makes sense. Both have a reputation for treating their employees well as well as (European ?) non US ownership, and good selections of house brands, etc. My college town got the Aldi, the nearest Trader Joes is probably an hour away.

Aldi and trader joes are the same company?!?
Yes. It's a German company, I believe.

I've never seen a Trader Joe's in Europe, but plenty of Aldi here. Alas, not in WA State - I love Aldi!

Trader Joes and Aldi, hadn't heard that before. Apparently there has been a business relationship that started in 1979 and continues to this day. Learn something new every day...

Last edited:
Back