Rack options on a Giant Fathom Hardtail eMTB

Rats! Looked like such a great option! Chain Reaction has shipped and the items are in Ohio already. Delivery date is this Friday.
Don't mean to pee you off, just sharing the experience so far.
Best of luck mate, and here's hoping it's a birdie kind of day!
No birdies, but an Eagle on par 5.
510 yards uphill, but playing downwind.
Hit the drive really well leaving 175 yards to the pin.
There's a "speed slot" where you can get an extra 30-50 yards if you come in on the right trajectory - and I did.

Pured a 6 iron to 2 feet. :D

Good match - I shot my handicap and he shot his - all square for the 9 hole match.

Beer was tasty - a couple of Red Truck Beer's "Hard Day NW IPA" .

My usual beer at the course used to be VERY apropos considering my new bike, but they don;t seem to be bringing it in anymore.

"Red Racer IPA "

IPA.product.image_.jpg

The image, of course, is nothing like me, but she could join my bike group anytime she wants.

Both breweries are from your neck of the woods.

Enough of Golf and Beer, back to bike discussions!

No birdies, but an Eagle on par 5.
510 yards uphill, but playing downwind.
Hit the drive really well leaving 175 yards to the pin.
There's a "speed slot" where you can get an extra 30-50 yards if you come in on the right trajectory - and I did.

Pured a 6 iron to 2 feet. :D

Good match - I shot my handicap and he shot his - all square for the 9 hole match.

Beer was tasty - a couple of Red Truck Beer's "Hard Day NW IPA" .

My usual beer at the course used to be VERY apropos considering my new bike, but they don;t seem to be bringing it in anymore.

"Red Racer IPA "

View attachment 61455
The image, of course, is nothing like me, but she could join my bike group anytime she wants.

Both breweries are from your neck of the woods.

Enough of Golf and Beer, back to bike discussions!
Aaaahhh Red Racer... That's brewed just a few kms from me. Strolled into their brewery and grabbed a nice cold 6 pack on a ride last year. Yummy!
Nice round! The grin on your face must have been wide!

Well the stuff landed, and a day early! Box was a little scruffy, but everything is in perfect condition...

Amazing... UK to my door in 4 days!
Now for assembly...
***EDIT*** the small bag of candy was in the box as well. Looks like they took a page from Sweetwater (musical instrument sales).

Ok, it's been 30 minutes, what are you waiting for? 😉
Bwahahahahaha!!!

OK... here we go...
Just had to choose the right sized rubber grommets for the quick release and the rack was on in seconds...

Another couple of minutes and the side/pannier pieces were installed with a 4mm allen key...

Had to remove my little trunk bag unfortunately. Was hoping it would fit, but not a huge loss. Can always put it back on for the dirt days.

And full pannier mode...

And... I think I'll just get a shopping cart at the grocery store, do the quick release and put this in the cart whilst shopping! Nice and light, no problem!

Looks really good.

Thanks
Thanks Randall.
Went for a quick ride. It was raining a bit so didn't go far.
The rig is super solid and light. When you go over bumps you can hear the bag making waffley sounds, maybe the top handle movement or something.
There is ZERO rattle/noise from the rack or pannier sides.
Solid as a rock!

According to Topeak, I should be using an "E" type, as my Fathom is a small. It would be nice if they'd publish the angle from the clamp to the rack. On the pictures, there seems to be quite a difference from the E to the V.

I think I'll wait until my suspension seat post arrives and see the mounting space available for the QC, and try to pick the correct angle based on my actual setup. It's a Suntour SP12 NCX and according to Canada Post, should arrive tomorrow.

According to Topeak, I should be using an "E" type, as my Fathom is a small. It would be nice if they'd publish the angle from the clamp to the rack. On the pictures, there seems to be quite a difference from the E to the V.

I think I'll wait until my suspension seat post arrives and see the mounting space available for the QC, and try to pick the correct angle based on my actual setup. It's a Suntour SP12 NCX and according to Canada Post, should arrive tomorrow.
Good idea. I'm also interested in the Suntour, so I'll be looking forward to your thoughts.
Reason I chose the V type is because I looked at my rear mud guard and decided that form was the thing to do.
Last thing you want is for the bag/pannier to be at a ridiculous angle.

The downside is the cargo weight limit of 12 kg. I hear Old Man Mountain rack is even better for FS/dropper post but that one is unavailable in my region.
That's a surprise to me! I would have thought a frame mount would take more than that. It's more than the Topeak Beam rack I bought anyway. It's rated at 9kg (20lbs).

The M2 is only connected to the seatstays at four points with strong velcro tape. It is a mystery how it can work.. But it works.

Back