R&M Supercharger 2 GT Rohloff - how to remove the belt

sl91

Hi,

On last january, I bought a RM supercharger 2 GT Rohloff version mainly for everyday commuting. I am very satisfied and already reached 1100 kms. Unfortunately I have damaged the belt guard during a journey in the forest. the design is really good beacause neither the front sprocket nor the belt whave been damaged. Anyway, I ordered the spare part directly from Universal Transmissions in Germany. The part arrived within 48h at home. I changed it today. Removing the rear wheel was less challenging than what I tought. Everything went smoothly. However when nstalling the new belt guard, I realized that it was impossible to remove completely the belt itself. How is this possible ? What is the trick ? the rear part of the frame prevents from removing the belt. Any suggestions ?

Best regards

sl91

That is an interesting question so I took a look. If I follow the right side rear frame member down to the rear axle it looks like there is a connection right in front of where the rack attaches. I wonder if you look at it closely that there aren't a couple of fasteners that can be removed so that the frame pieces can be spread apart enough to remove the belt. That seems like the only possibility I can see from looking at the picture.

Marc
1567498166046.png

Hi Marcparnes

Like you, I have seen the possibility to "open" the rear part of the frame on the right side of the bicycle. It assumes that one has to use the elasticity of the frame (Aluminium alloy) in order to be able to replace the belt. Hum...for me this sounds like a design mistake. Isn't it ? A propos design mistake, I found out another one which affects all the 2020 RM e-bikes. The decision to mount the batteries on a frame adaptor is a huge mistake. This way no one is able to simply buy a new powertube from any (online)shop and use it. It is mandatory to order it from RM and consequently from the bike dealer. This is expensive and can take a while.

Best regards

sl91

The decision to mount the batteries on a frame adaptor is a huge mistake. This way no one is able to simply buy a new powertube from any online shop and use it.
Please explain in more detail. A photo would be most welcome.
David

Back