Quick-E+

Just got a used 2019 Giant Quick E+ in good shape, did a chain clean and re-lube once I got it home. Modifications so far is replacing the seat to a Bikearoo and adding a drop down mirror to the bar end.

The original owner got it from Bicycle Warehouse in California. Curious about warranty after buying it used.
No warranty for 2nd owner, GIANT warranty is not transferable.

Here is a picture of the 2019 Giant Quick E+ that I bought used. One thing I didn't notice at first, and is unusual is that it doesn't come with bottle cage holder mounts. It's size small but I think they could've fit one in there. Thinking I'll just use a seat bag/bottle holder.

p5pb18137668.jpg

Last edited:
Took the Quick-E out for a ride the other (to get food / exercise). After connecting the Ridecontrol app, I had a notification there was a firmware update :O

So as I was at the limit of my wifi, I switched to LTE and let the App do it's thing.

The result is in pictures below. No issues after the update, except after a minute or two's riding it complained about Bluetooth and said I needed to get it serviced. However, a quick reboot and that problem went away and never came back.

Unfortunately, the other annoyance is not fixed. When riding with the RideControl App running, you can't change the display from Trip Time, which I find very annoying as you can't view Cadence.

One new thing (at least I think it is new) is that I can turn the lights off completely now by holding down the light button - or maybe I could before but never managed it.

Screenshot_20200413-150345.png
IMG_20200413_150418164.jpg
Screenshot_20200419-152425.png

One new thing (at least I think it is new) is that I can turn the lights off completely now by holding down the light button - or maybe I could before but never managed it.
That has always been the case for mine. But after the firmware/software update the lights are now off by default and I need to press to turn them on.

That has always been the case for mine. But after the firmware/software update the lights are now off by default and I need to press to turn them on.
That's dumb - I like that the lights come on automatically. Less chance of being run down by some muppet car driver, the better...

I like having the option now to turn the lights off but leave the display on full - I don't think I could do this prior.

I'm having issues getting the Evo to display anything other than trip time either when using the app to record a ride. It's mildly annoying.

I know I have posted something on the Ridecontrol firmware thread, but just wondered if anyone on this thread had any thoughts about the power problem on my UK 2019 Quick E. The power works up to 15.5mph as it should (so it's not a demo-mode issue) but the power comes and goes - on full for three or four rotations and then drops to three bars for several more rotations and then back again, regardless of loading and cadence. I have done around 550 miles. The bike has been dry and the battery is fine and the firmware is the latest version. Any thoughts about whether this is a firmware issue or a sensor issue would be much appreciated - I will need to use it for commuting, hopefully quite soon!

I know I have posted something on the Ridecontrol firmware thread, but just wondered if anyone on this thread had any thoughts about the power problem on my UK 2019 Quick E. The power works up to 15.5mph as it should (so it's not a demo-mode issue) but the power comes and goes - on full for three or four rotations and then drops to three bars for several more rotations and then back again, regardless of loading and cadence. I have done around 550 miles. The bike has been dry and the battery is fine and the firmware is the latest version. Any thoughts about whether this is a firmware issue or a sensor issue would be much appreciated - I will need to use it for commuting, hopefully quite soon!
Ok, update....just been out and discovered if I pedal gently the power is much more consistent, but if I push hard, I get the 'on/off' effect again - torque sensor problem?

Ok, update....just been out and discovered if I pedal gently the power is much more consistent, but if I push hard, I get the 'on/off' effect again - torque sensor problem?

Sounds like it... haven't noticed that issue on mine. Back to the dealer for you.

Since getting my used E+ in March 2020, had my first chain drop riding over some bumpy countryside roads in the middle of nowhere. Had a hellova time getting the chain back on track since the chain got stuck under the middrive plastic bulge for screw mount. Took about 15 minutes and a really greasy hand to get it back on track, going to bring disposable medical gloves in my pack. :mad:

Ordering a chain guide now from Amazon.

Since getting my used E+ in March 2020, had my first chain drop riding over some bumpy countryside roads in the middle of nowhere. Had a hellova time getting the chain back on track since the chain got stuck under the middrive plastic bulge for screw mount. Took about 15 minutes and a really greasy hand to get it back on track, going to bring disposable medical gloves in my pack. :mad:

Ordering a chain guide now from Amazon.

Received the chain guide from Amazon. Instead of removing the pant guard, I modified the chain guard by removing one side and it seems to work well. Will report if it continues to drop but it looks like a solid fit.

IMG_4692.jpg IMG_4691.jpg chain guide.png

Received the chain guide from Amazon. Instead of removing the pant guard, I modified the chain guard by removing one side and it seems to work well. Will report if it continues to drop but it looks like a solid fit.

View attachment 53845 View attachment 53846 View attachment 53847
That’s an excellent looking solution, good find.

I notice the 2020 Fastroad has none of the case mouldings or annoying shrouds which trap the chain on the QuickE+. The design dept obviously got the memo

In case anyone is interested, I found this listed on BBB... 2017 Giant Road-E+ 1. ;)

1590904255231.png

I have a 2018 Quick e+. Recently I went through the arduous process of updating the firmware. Somehow my bike is now stuck in a test mode or a mode with an artificially lower top assist speed. The bike no longer provides electric assist after 14-15 MPH. I have tried reseting by pressing the light button five times - does nothing. Pressing the walk assist button 5 times does something to the display but doesn't change the assist level. (also walk assist appears to not work at all now). Any ideas on how to reset the Quick e+ to it's normal 28MPH top speed?

Sounds like my LBS have fixed this problem with firmware updates and a patch to the system which Giant sent them. Apparently it has more power than before as well now. They are just waiting for a new rear mech hanger before I get it back!

Sounds like my LBS have fixed this problem with firmware updates and a patch to the system which Giant sent them. Apparently it has more power than before as well now. They are just waiting for a new rear mech hanger before I get it back!
Tomorrow...been missing it. Just keeping busy by rebuilding an Intense 951 not necessarily for true downhill but as a do-it-all 'acoustic' mountain bike. Good fun and learning a lot about how bikes work and are assembled.

Tomorrow...been missing it. Just keeping busy by rebuilding an Intense 951 not necessarily for true downhill but as a do-it-all 'acoustic' mountain bike. Good fun and learning a lot about how bikes work and are assembled.
951 was my dream bike in 2014. Not sure about do-it-all, but it will certainly cope with the downs... post some pics

Back