Quick-E+

As requested—Pictures......
IMG_2765.JPG
IMG_2766.JPG

Absolutely Gorgeous,... Stunning!!!

The MIK deck finishes it up nicely. Giant really should include them as part of the package.

Ride Brother Ride!

Absolutely Gorgeous,... Stunning!!!

The MIK deck finishes it up nicely. Giant really should include them as part of the package.

Ride Brother Ride!

I do think Giant should make it part of the package - especially sine the MIK system adapters are fairly expensive. I put a Rockbros trunk A6 case on one and it is a great fit. Also, the BV panniers with the quick release fit great as well hooked to the MIK rack. I can't use both at the same time as the BV pannier extends up past the rack and the quick release wont attach to the rack.

I am loving the bike and am finally getting the hang of the cadence on flat terrain. Also, the range is pretty spectacular. I can easily get about 60 miles to a charge if not more.

Last edited:
Here it is. Fits perfect.
yea, you have the updated version. They did a running change mid-way through the year. The earlier models have a different rack. Supposedly this updated rack will be available from Giant soon.

New to the forum and looking for an ebike. I have been riding traditional drop bar road bikes for the last 16 years.....ride with a group that is a little faster than me on hills, making me work harder than I prefer at age 68. Ride pace averages mid 18 mph, 40-55 miles in length....and will
be using clipless pedals for maximum efficiency

So, am looking at Giant Road E+ and Quick E+.

I realize these are 2 quite different bikes, and would be putting a lower rolling resistance tire on either bike. Quite frankly the white frame Quick E+ is my favorite looking bike in the Giant line. While the drop bars on the Road E would definitely add range, as I ride in the drops
a fair bit.

Would be using these on the lowest setting that allowed me to stay with the group on the climbs. Here are my questions:

In lowest assist mode, do you still get some marginal assist on a 6% grade, or do you move up a level?

Using lower assist mode, is 55 mile range possible?

Thanks for any advice......

Off the top of my head, you sound like the exact target customer for the Road E+. From what you describe, it’s like they built the thing for you.

Have you seen the GCN video on YouTube from a year or so ago featuring the Road E+ - title was something like Are ebikes fun? You might well enjoy it. The ToughRoad is pretty nice too, but not so much aimed at you as the Road E

am looking at Giant Road E+ and Quick E+.

I realize these are 2 quite different bikes, and would be putting a lower rolling resistance tire on either bike. Quite frankly the white frame Quick E+ is my favorite looking bike in the Giant line. While the drop bars on the Road E would definitely add range, as I ride in the drops
a fair bit.

You might look at the Haibike XDURO Race S 6.0 as well. Some shops have it for roughly the same price as the Giant. It uses a Bosch motor, which are known to offer a bit more range than the Yamaha motors. Also, if you could live with a 20 mph cut-off, the new Yamaha Urban Rush looks like a great value for the money.

New to the forum and looking for an ebike. I have been riding traditional drop bar road bikes for the last 16 years.....ride with a group that is a little faster than me on hills, making me work harder than I prefer at age 68. Ride pace averages mid 18 mph, 40-55 miles in length....and will
be using clipless pedals for maximum efficiency

So, am looking at Giant Road E+ and Quick E+.

a fair bit.

Would be using these on the lowest setting that allowed me to stay with the group on the climbs. Here are my questions:

In lowest assist mode, do you still get some marginal assist on a 6% grade, or do you move up a level?

Using lower assist mode, is 55 mile range possible?

Thanks for any advice......

Yes you do get assist. I have some fairly step grades on my commute. I ride a Quick E + and I usually run in eco and eco + on the way home for my workout.

I just got a Road E +. I am some what younger than moto 49 I got it for more or less the same reason, keep up with another person I ride with. We put on short runs after work in the range of 20-30 miles. I have left the assist in eco mode and it will keep me at or near 20 mph most of the way through the ride through small hills etc. I have one very long steep climb at the end of my ride that I put it into sport mode for. It looks like I would have a range of around 60 miles with the assist I am getting.

I looked at the Xduro race S6. I didn't like the idea that there was the always some drag from the gearing in the drive even when you were not getting/needing pedal assist, as well, I like the 22 gears of the giant versus the 11 on the Xduro.

Off the top of my head, you sound like the exact target customer for the Road E+. From what you describe, it’s like they built the thing for you.

Have you seen the GCN video on YouTube from a year or so ago featuring the Road E+ - title was something like Are ebikes fun? You might well enjoy it. The ToughRoad is pretty nice too, but not so much aimed at you as the Road E

I did see a video of 2 riders climbing Mt Ventoux, one on an ebike and the other traditional road bike........no contest.....may have to look for it again.....

I just got a Road E +. I am some what younger than moto 49 I got it for more or less the same reason, keep up with another person I ride with. We put on short runs after work in the range of 20-30 miles. I have left the assist in eco mode and it will keep me at or near 20 mph most of the way through the ride through small hills etc. I have one very long steep climb at the end of my ride that I put it into sport mode for. It looks like I would have a range of around 60 miles with the assist I am getting.

I looked at the Xduro race S6. I didn't like the idea that there was the always some drag from the gearing in the drive even when you were not getting/needing pedal assist, as well, I like the 22 gears of the giant versus the 11 on the Xduro.

How does the bike feel thru the gears and shifting the chainrings? It is pretty smooth in eco mode , or do you still have to ease up on the pedals during shifts? Appreciate the input, as cannot find a bike in stock locally to test ride, so it is a special order.......need to be sure....

How does the bike feel thru the gears and shifting the chainrings? It is pretty smooth in eco mode , or do you still have to ease up on the pedals during shifts? Appreciate the input, as cannot find a bike in stock locally to test ride, so it is a special order.......need to be sure....

On my Quick E+, I find I can smoothly change gears. However, as I still get used to it, I do find that sometimes I am not in sync with the motor and when I change gears, the chain wants to move faster-like having your foot on the clutch and gas of a car at the same time. This is not happening so much lately though because of experience. If you can find a similar bike or two, go test them out.

80% of the time I am in the larger chain ring. This is due to my low cadence. I am working on that and as I improve will us lower ring more.

I read about concerns with shift and the assist and gear mashing. To date I have not had any issues at all with the rear gears. Last night coming up the hill in sport and shifting down a couple of the shifts were a touch hard and I will need to remember to ease back a bit on the shifting but no issues at all in eco mode. It shifts like a normal bike

The assist is incredibly smooth, you don't feel it come in or out. I have a surface Shred mountain bike with rear drive and you can feel the assist come in and out in and out. The Giant/Yamaha is incredible for not realizing its there. When I turn it off I get the reality though. It does help a lot.

Some other items.
1) We ride mostly on trails in the park. They are for bikes/walking and they have a lot of twists and turns. The pedals on the bike are LOW and because they seem to be a bit wider out than normal bikes, its easy to drag a pedal. First fast ride through the trails I dragged a pedal about 7 times. Now I don't pedal around sharp corners and am learning to keep the inside foot up. Last night I only dragged one near the end as I wasn't paying attention. Comparing my bike to my buddies trek normal road bike, the giant seems to be about 1/2" lower at the pedals. I checked the dims on the Xduro S6 and it is the same as the giant so would have the same issue. If you do a lot of carving in trails its something to watch for. My Ebike shred doesn't have this problem.

2) The shred rear drive although it is suppose to have torque assist is a poor implementation of it and seems to be more speed related. IE level 1 wants to help me to around 11 MPH ( actually 10 up to 12, back to 10 up to 12). level 2 is maybe 14, 3 is 18 etc etc. The giant/Yamaha doesn't seem to be related at all to speed. Only torque and cadence. Its way smoother but there are times when I am going along at maybe 15 MPH where I wish I got less help in eco mode. With the Shred, when I neared the edge of the speed a particular level was set to any faster was up to me. EG if me and the wife are out riding and I put it on level 1 it will help me around 11 MPH, as I pedal harder the help fades and its all me (Exercise). With the giant in eco mode, it helps all the way up to around 20 MPH no matter what I do.

Regards

You might look at the Haibike XDURO Race S 6.0 as well. Some shops have it for roughly the same price as the Giant. It uses a Bosch motor, which are known to offer a bit more range than the Yamaha motors. Also, if you could live with a 20 mph cut-off, the new Yamaha Urban Rush looks like a great value for the money.

Looked at the specs on the Xduro S6.0.....it is a single chainring 11 spd with an 11-42 cassette......I ride an 11-28 11 sd for everyday, and switch out an 11-32 for serious mtn rides.....the gear gaps with the 11-32 are noticeable, and with an 11-42 would be too much for my style of riding.....nice looking bike though, other than battery integration........

Just got a U.S. 2019 Quick E+1 and noticed that they have gone to one ring up front. It's a 42T vs. the 36/48 on the 2018. I barely put 5 miles on it, but thinking it might need a larger ring up front to keep my cadence down a bit going into the high 20's mph.

My road bike has a 50-34 chainring and 11-28 11spd cassette... I find myself spun out in the small ring at about 26 mph......I can ride there, but certainly not sustain at that cadence.....a 42 tooth ring is just over 25% longer gearing than the 34, so that will help.....suggest you ride it a while to see if this is enough to put you at the right cadence.......if not, a small change up to a 44 should be enough......this small change will not lose too much off the effectiveness of your lower gears needed for the steeper hills......

My road bike has a 50-34 chainring and 11-28 11spd cassette... I find myself spun out in the small ring at about 26 mph......I can ride there, but certainly not sustain at that cadence.....a 42 tooth ring is just over 25% longer gearing than the 34, so that will help.....suggest you ride it a while to see if this is enough to put you at the right cadence.......if not, a small change up to a 44 should be enough......this small change will not lose too much off the effectiveness of your lower gears needed for the steeper hills......
Just put a small 25 miles on this weekend. A round trip with 18mph headwinds going there. The wind was my enemy on the first leg and a huge advocate on the return. In the highest assist against the wind, I couldn't maintain over 20 and basically 14-18 was my comfort zone in highest the gear. On the way back, hitting 27-28 was doable and a couple more teeth would have really helped maintain that max speed. I even hit 30 at one point which is plenty fast for that bike. I should probably get some more miles under my belt before changing but I have a feeling your right about the 44T.

Back