Questions about the Hydra

Region
USA
Hey EBR! I posted last week about my positive experience with Pushkar + brand! I've got a couple of questions (while I've been lurking trying to keep my excitement abated) while I wait though -

1 - I put in my order towards the end of June, the 25th IIRC. Anyone that's got their Hydra in recently, what was your lead time from order to receipt? I'm excited and typically pretty patient, but my current ebike is apparently on its last leg (the motor seems to be having issues) and I'm trying to decide what route to take (wait a little or purchase a cheap bike for the mean time). If we're talking a couple/3 weeks then I can wait, 4+ might change things. Just makes things difficult since my only transport is a bike or uber/lyft at this point - vision sucks.

2 - I'd seen info while customizing the bike about GPS, and it looks like nothing's available yet, is that right? Has anyone else here installed a GPS in their Hydra? Any recommendations? I'd come across a couple, but always happy to receive anecdotes from actual users.

3 - I might be crazy, but does this bike have a kickstand? I thought all bikes came with one essentially, but I saw a post on here where someone mentioned something like "no kickstand", but might've been in relation/answer to something else. I looked on the product page at WW and don't actually see the word kickstand or kick, and I can't see any in the pictures on that page or the product spec sheet. Sooo, does it? If not, any recommendations?

4 - Any other recommendations for potential accessories/must haves that you think are essential? I've got a Garmin Varia (essential for where I'm at) so that I can get a clue what's behind me.

Thanks!

I'm curious about the GPS also. Haven't seen an update on that for a few months unless I missed something. I know a new display is also forthcoming and haven't heard anything on that for a while as well.

I have a Hydra. It does not come with a kickstand. Watt Wagons does not offer a kickstand.

There are several old threads in these forums about kickstand options for it that you can pull up with search.

@BruceBrown - no insult intended. I actually had done search to begin with, although through Google, and even then didn't find anything given my search term. Even here on EBR, here's my first set of results:

1627678809283.png

Of which none of them come off immediately as "The hydra doesn't have a kickstand". I see people having issues with kickstands, or asking about alternative ones, etc. I'll see if I can't adjust my query/search to find something more productive. This was something I'd searched for like 20 minutes a couple of days ago, but given my busy schedule, I can't dedicate hours to certain things for research. I do a good cursory search, and if I don't find anything, usually that means that it's either a stupid question or I haven't found the right terms.

This thread has got me wondering if there is a carbon framed ebike on the market that comes with a kick stand.
I can't, offhand, think of one. Can any of you?

This thread has got me wondering if there is a carbon framed ebike on the market that comes with a kick stand.
I'm sure there is something somewhere but I'm not familiar with one on a carbon ebike.

Trek Rail?

TrekRailCarbonKickstand.jpg

I'm working on designing a way to put one on my Dengfu E06. It might be wise, it might not. I'll let you all know if I break it!

I am using Apple airtag they work very well. Any time it is near an Apple phone the location is registered.
Be careful with that, if a thief were to steal your bike and they have an iPhone, they'll get a notification on their phone stating that they have an unknown Airtag following them. They can disable it themselves - this is a safety feature to prevent people from slipping Airtags into bags and following/stalking people - it makes them relatively useless as GPS trackers for stolen items.

Be careful with that, if a thief were to steal your bike and they have an iPhone, they'll get a notification on their phone stating that they have an unknown Airtag following them. They can disable it themselves - this is a safety feature to prevent people from slipping Airtags into bags and following/stalking people - it makes them relatively useless as GPS trackers for stolen items.
I had no idea

To “disable” you have to find it and remove the battery (sledgehammer)! The forum has good info on this topic and a great recipe on removing the beeper and not break case…

Thread 'Best way to open an AirTag, mute the speaker and reassemble with zero damage.'
https://electricbikereview.com/foru...peaker-and-reassemble-with-zero-damage.43547/

Said beeper is the only thing the “trackee” can enable to find said iTag. Buried inside a CF frame like the Hydra is going to be hard to locate. Giving thief enough time to abandon it versus giving away their hiding spot….

Just my opinion and why I have them as everyone has an iPhone!
-BB

Last edited:
Back