Question for Specialized SL 1.1 motor owners

FWIW, I can pretty easily ride my SL at 15-20 mph flat or nearly flat paths even in ECO. I’ve actually done it for a couple of miles with no assist. In the right conditions - enough distance, slight decent perhaps a tailwind - I can get up to and above 30 mph. I’ve hit 35 a couple of times, but the paths I ride are too crowded, hilly and twisty to see if I can sustain high speeds.

I’m 73, have been riding as an adult for about 2 years and was never an athlete. My main exercise in the past was as a New Yorker who walked a lot.

I also get passed by young guys on road bikes all the time.

Forget the Mission Control Screenshot photo and "Acceleration Response" in my last post. There is no feature like this for SL, this is only for non-SL drives... :-(

Sorry, I misread your original question, which I think was:

The answer is: 100% Turbo means the maximum motor power (240 W for 1.1) and maximum rated torque. There is no way to supercharge this motor. If you wanted more power and torque, you should have gone for Vado 5.0 (non SL) The 1.3 motor has maximum peak power of 550 W and torque of 90 Nm.
thx, yes, next time ;)

You are thinking to much in settings like our Stromer bikes... ;-)
But it's not correct for Stromer bikes that they simply give more or less power only due to the sensiblity of the torque sensor. This changes only the point/the force in the crank/on the chain, where the motor starts to support. If this is set to low, it's a little bit annoying. And if it's set to high the motor "overreacts" to the slightest crank movement with almost no force on the chain and you feel like loosing control. But it does not really increase the amount of support or motor power, this is also on Stromer bikes influenced mainly by the silders in the app.
For the SL drive there are similar settings like in the Stromer app, see attachment. I haven't used the sliders "Peak Power" and "Acc. Response" much yet. But it's similar to Stromer, they are already great in the default setting and if you put them to low, it's bad, and if you put them high, you do not really increase the amount of support. That's done with the "Support" slider and 100% is 100%.

But it seems that you don't have a SL bike yet, so why do you ask? Don't expect Stromer motor power with a SL drive. But expect half of the weight of a Stromer... ;-)
Thanks, getting wiser every day ;) Im really not sure what the SL Drive is, but my Turbo Vado is upgraded so I have the Mission Control functionality, without the Acceleration response feature shown in your photo. Is this an SW update or does the Turbo Vado 5.0 with 1,2 engine (2017) not have this feature?
Anyway I'm generally very happy with the motor output, just wanted to know if i could go near throttle-style occasionally.

PS I believe it was a boost mode on the ST1 M33 (prior to omni app) that would bring the bike up to 20mph without pedaling.

JP: The features of MC that are responsible for acceleration and spinning preferences do not depend on the Specialized motor model but on the tuning. SL motor is 1.1 (by Mahle). Only Turbo Levo and Kenevo (e-MTB) have acceleration and spinning features activated.

JP: The features of MC that are responsible for acceleration and spinning preferences do not depend on the Specialized motor model but on the tuning. SL motor is 1.1 (by Mahle). Only Turbo Levo and Kenevo (e-MTB) have acceleration and spinning features activated.
thx, always helpful ;)
Think I will keep calm for a period now.

Back