Purchased a used bike..

You wrote..."eBay told me today that refund should be re-issued and I should receive them within 3 - 4 days (otherwise contact again) " eBay is a third party to this deal. They get their info from PayPal. You should be dealing with PP. If the funds were 'withdrawn' initially after 1-2 weeks that's a huge red flag regarding the Seller. Contact PayPal and find out what is going on. Contact their fraud division. They take fraud very seriously. I know from personal experience.

You also wrote.... "I am still awaiting on the refund.. for some reason, I am unable to open claims on Paypal as it states the refund was already issued (eBay recognized I never received the funds)." What I'm getting from this as far as PP is concerned your refund went through..done deal. If the money was refunded you would have immediately received an email stating so and the $$$ would have shown up in your PP account or bank. Again contact PP Fraud.

P.S. I just went through refunding an eBay buyer his purchase price ( he changed his mind) so I'm familiar with eBay / PayPal process.

As for disputing the purchase with no time limit as your CC told you. Nearly all CCs have a 60 day time limit. I have never
heard of a CC with no time limit, but your card could be the first.

A followup thought... Did you file for your refund using eBay's "Buyer Request Return refund process" They act as the middleman between
the Buyer and Seller sending emails back and fourth to keep the process going. It is the sole responsibility of the Seller to refund your $$ via
whatever means the Seller chooses....Refunding $$ is a couple of clicks. It takes less time then it will for me to type this response.

As you stated..."The eBay representative told me that the refund was issued, but canceled about 1-2 weeks after" Question, during the the 1-2 weeks prior to the refund being 'withdrawn' where was the money ? eBay said said the refund was issued. Where was the money ? You should have had access to it... I'm not suggesting eBay did something wrong, absolutely not....Somethings not right and I think it goes back to the Seller....There's one other option....

Your purchase may have been covered by eBay's Buyer Protection Plan and if so and if this turns out to be a scam, eBay may reimburse you.
That maybe what eBay is referring to when they stated your $$$ should be reinstated in 3-4 days....

Getting refunds from ebay OR paypal is pretty easy, you can go into Paypal and open a dispute there before contacting your credit card. Most credit cards offer 60-90 days to dispute a charge, Amex offers 6 months although they let me open a dispute about 8 months later on an Indiegogo campaign for the Jolt Electric folding bike which was way past due. I've bought 2 used and 1 new ebikes from ebay, all good experiences although I got to see and test ride the used bikes locally first, the sellers were fine. I'm very happy with this Oryx bike, the battery holds very long and the bike only has a few minor scratches, not sure what you meant by "pretty beat up" but what counts is how it rides and functions more than cosmetic perfection, for 1/3 of the price.

Back