Pulled the trigger on a 2021 Trek Allant+7 Lowstep.

Dallant

Region
USA
Finally got the wife‘s ebike ordered. Looks like it will be here sometime in mid-October. I’ve sure loved mine and we‘ll be able to share batteries, tires, rack bags, etc.:cool:👍
16EA0C7F-359F-46C4-827A-C117D516D3F6.jpeg

time to start planning biking vacations for 2 and also some extended trips for one :)

My long rides which have become my norm were Really helped out When I got my wife the same bike as I had . Great for extra batteries, a spare when while mine was being repaired, a test mule to find out where problems were so they could get fixed quicker and thoroughly. Also 2nd bike gets you a riding partner with friends and family if your partner is not available at near the same speeds and distances

Last edited:
time to start panning biking vacations for 2 and also some extended trips for one :)
My long rides which have become my norm were Really helped out When I got my wife the same bike as I had . Great for extra batteries, a spare when while mine was being repaired, a test mule to find out where problems were so they could get fixed quicker and thoroughly. Also 2nd bike gets you a riding partner with friends and family if your partner is not available at near the same speeds and distances
That’s the idea! Great reasoning all around! Just like mine!🤓👍

Is there any difference with the 2021 model vs. last years? It looks the same. Or is the one I bought this summer the 2021 model? I don't know when they introduce the newer models.

Last edited:
Is there any difference with the 2021 model vs. last years? It looks the same. Or is the one I bought this summer the 2021 model? I don't know when they introduce the newer models.
None that I know of. I’m guessing your SN should tell you if it’s a ‘21 or not. Your LBS should be able to tell you.

I really like that setup. I have been looking at Giant Explore. This style just seems like a more useful bike for urban bike paths and rail trail with an overnight trip or two adding panniers. Having the ability to share an aux battery in the event one of you over throttles or rides in turbo range too often....no hard peddling or pushing LOL. HNBD (happy new bike day) !

Great choice - i was very tempted by the crossbar version, with its 500Wh battery , adjustable stem (perhaps UK specific) and suspension fork - its a good spec for the money. Pity I couldn;t get one in my size for several months

Finally got the wife‘s ebike ordered. Looks like it will be here sometime in mid-October. I’ve sure loved mine and we‘ll be able to share batteries, tires, rack bags, etc.:cool:👍
View attachment 65461
Congrats Dallant , great bike and smart to get the same one for the wife. All the parts sharing and having a spare bike now will solve any maintenance downtime and will be very convenient to both of you. Cheers

Did your wife get to sit on it or ride it a little yet? What does she think. It's a beauty.
Yes she rode it a block or two but it’s not really done being readied. The new adjustable handlebar stem hasn’t arrived and the seat you see is off my analog bike for her to test. She likes it but wants a more upright riding position and certainly a better seat before she can do any kind of a definitive test ride. It also hasn’t had the Bosch update done yet. Next week for all that to be done and hopefully we’ll get a bit warmer weather as she’s not a cold weather rider...yet.🥶

Last edited:
The weather here has been bad too. it has been 2 weeks since I've been able to ride. It's awful! How will we all survive winter!!??
This week should be much improved and I am hoping to get in a few miles!

The weather here has been bad too. it has been 2 weeks since I've been able to ride. It's awful! How will we all survive winter!!??
This week should be much improved and I am hoping to get in a few miles!
I went out for a 9 miler last week when it was 40 with 10-15 mph headwinds. They’re talking mid-50s here later this week. We‘ll be out this week to test the slight modifications to her new bike. 🥶

Back