Pulled the trigger on a 2021 Trek Allant+7 Lowstep.

Update...The wife’s Allant+7 Lowstep Bosch update was done today along with an adjustment and a bleed of the rear brake. Went for a ride and EMTB mode worked great and the lights turned on and off properly. The rear brake lever was firm and brake was great. Tomorrow the adjustable handlebar stem comes in and will be installed and adjusted for her. Then we’re headed north for some nice trails with lots of hills so the wife can really get a good test ride without worrying about traffic.😎
Then some good beer at a couple of our favorite breweries!🍻

Update...Finally got the new handlebar stem added/adjusted by my LBS and riden around the block by wifey. She approves! BTW, according to my LBS, this Bontrager adjustable stem is one he had access to but that I couldn’t. I told him I’d looked extensively and he smiled and said yup, it’s an OEM replacement part only accessible by Trek dealers.🤨
Anyway...it works and he threw it in on the deal so I’m good as long as momma is happy! I loaded both ebikes on our Hollywood rack and they rode just fine on it. Very solid!
More from the long awaited test ride later!
6A37A83C-6D08-44C3-AACF-4AF9926C2A21.jpeg
CA98E5C1-233B-4A43-A016-86E64CAD89CC.jpeg

Well, the wind was howling...the hills were very steep...and there were lots of downhill switchbacks so for a test ride, it was crappy day. BUT SHE LOVED IT! 😎👍
And it was because it was a crappy day that she saw all the best about the Allant+7. The ride comfort/position was great, brakes were great on scary downhill switchbacks, Power and shifting were great going uphill into very strong headwinds, etc., etc. She had big smiles and was actually pretty thrilled as she wants to go on lots of longer rides in the future. Time for happy hour!🍻
608E08F9-BFBC-4364-8C2F-ACF32D4C0127.jpeg

Well, the wind was howling...the hills were very steep...and there were lots of downhill switchbacks so for a test ride, it was crappy day. BUT SHE LOVED IT! 😎👍
And it was because it was a crappy day that she saw all the best about the Allant+7. The ride comfort/position was great, brakes were great on scary downhill switchbacks, Power and shifting were great going uphill into very strong headwinds, etc., etc. She had big smiles and was actually pretty thrilled as she wants to go on lots of longer rides in the future. Time for happy hour!🍻
View attachment 70252
Great for you both! I saw the Allant step through in my Trek store today when exchanging gloves. Very nice. Did you move your headlight up to the bars?

Last edited:
Great for you both! I saw the Allant step through in my Trek store today when exchanging gloves. Very nice. Did you move your headlight up to the bars?
Not yet. May not as she really wants her handlebar bag put on the Lowstep.

View attachment 70252

Way to go Dallant! Happy wife, happy life.
Perfect conditions for a ride. Hills and a headwind, where ebikes shine.

Back