Problems with display on Bolton upgrade

Bicard

Installed Bolton upgraded controller and screen on my 19 Radcity. Bike works but display only shows ambient temperature and volts. No watts, battery life, speed, odometer, etc. I have checked all the connections. Any help.would be appreciated

Installed Bolton upgraded controller and screen on my 19 Radcity. Bike works but display only shows ambient temperature and volts. No watts, battery life, speed, odometer, etc. I have checked all the connections. Any help.would be appreciated

I would say that after rechecking all the connections you made, that a call to Mr. Bolton might be in order. If the connections are good, chances are good you didn't do anything wrong. It's far more likely there's something going on with the display or the controller.

I would say that after rechecking all the connections you made, that a call to Mr. Bolton might be in order. If the connections are good, chances are good you didn't do anything wrong. It's far more likely there's something going on with the display or the controller.
Yes give Bolton a call. Sometimes the connectors can be deceivingly tricky to seat, but a problem in the cabling is possible after removing the old stuff. He can trouble shoot though and should be able to quickly determine where the issue is.

Did you change the settings per Bolton's website? There are also a couple of settings that are different for the Rad-city because of the direct drive motor.

Generally though all the displays still work even if the readings are incorrect, as you can control PAS and throttle sounds like display.

Thanks for all the replies. Removed battery, checked and seated all connections. Checked settings on monitor.

Now I have no pedal assist. The throttle works when not under load [lifting rear tire]. But when I try to ride it surges for less than a second and stops working.

Feeling like Schleprock! Did schedule a call w Bolton. In the mean time I'll make somebody a great deal in a Rad City!

Have you read the directions and gone through the setup parameters?

Is the tiny red light down on the sensor on? If yes, what do you have your C-1 parameter set on? Have you tried different settings on C-1 parameter? Maybe 05, 06, or 07?

Red light NOT on is most likely a sign the connector isn't plugged in correctly. If that's right, then there's no power going to the sensor - likely a controller issue to my way of thinking.

C1=3 will work if the magnet ring is on the left side of the frame. You need to use 5,6, or 7 if it's on the right (gear side) in my experience.

Red light NOT on is most likely a sign the connector isn't plugged in correctly. If that's right, then there's no power going to the sensor - likely a controller issue to my way of thinking.

C1=3 will work if the magnet ring is on the left side of the frame. You need to use 5,6, or 7 if it's on the right (gear side) in my experience.
Many thanks. Will check tomorrow.

The sudden surge and then stop, does seem to indicate a connector or sensor issue.

Back